Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2002, 09:59 AM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well, i got my thief stronghold, and i'm managing it fine. But i can't continue any area quests cuz when i leave, my thieves return from my missions, then i go back to the docks and i have to pay my quota. So my choices are loose my stronghold which is really cool, or continue on with the game. But the answer is obvious, but is there anyway i can beat the loosing my stronghold part?

And when you leave for (BIG SPOILER,READ AT UR OWN RISK) Brynn Law, the Asylum and the Saughain city and underdark, will i loose my stronhold cuz i'm going to be gone for more than 5 days. PLease help, thanx.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:33 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Just stay at your stronghold until you have done all the tronghold "quest". Once you have nothing left to do then you can keep playing the regular game.
Old 04-06-2002, 12:13 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Is the stronghold quest the ambush at night?
Old 04-07-2002, 05:14 AM   #4
Lord Delarue
The Magister

SPOILER
-
--

-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

No, i think you are mentioning the quest for aran linvail where you have to protect mook
Old 04-07-2002, 09:01 AM   #5
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi SecretMaster! I'm playing through again as a Bounty Hunter/Mage and have the Guild Hall as my stronghold. Feel free to travel and take on other quests. You have 5 days, and will receive a message in white script in the middle of your screen stating that "Your thieves have returned . . ". And you have a few days grace even after that.
When BG2 came out, there was a bug that caused thieves and some fighters to lose their strongholds when they left for Brynnlaw and the Underdark, but it was taken care of in one of the patches. It may still happen from time to time but would just be a fluke now.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:19 AM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Thanx all. Ah well, if i loose the stronghold, i can still visit it, and thats good enough.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:22 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Every time I get a stronghold, I stay there until I have done all quest related to it, then after that I leave.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:22 PM   #8
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi Luvian! I do the same, I normally have the fighter stronghold or guildhall. Now I may be wrong but I have not had any associated quests involving the guildhall except for the one which I wont spoil. Other than that I have just had business as usual. Now perhaps there are more quests that I am unaware of as having played many times through now, I finish the game much more quickly. Anyone else know of any other quests associated with the guildhall?
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote