Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 03-06-2002, 03:23 PM   #1
dustbunny
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am in Baldur's Gate in the Iron Throne 4th floor. I keep dying no matter what I try. I have Ajantis, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid and Quayle.
I have sent Imoen upstairs alone, she shoots the Arrows of biting but they do not die soon enough and they kill her. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to move on to the 'Tales of the Sword Coast' so I can finally finish this game and start Playing Baldur's Gate II. I am really frustrated.

Thanks
dustbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 03:31 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Welcome to the board Dustbunny.

Ok, firstly, you only mentioned 5 members....6 would help.

Cast Haste, Bless (Chant is better), Protection From Evil, Defensive Harmony.
Create as many monsters as possible, and also animate dead!
Then run in, shoot the mages with arrows, and get your tanks to attack. With the buffer spells you should win!

Hope it helps!
Old 03-06-2002, 05:04 PM   #3
Wedin

Have Quale become invisible. Send him up, and let him go juuust out of your enemies sight. Then throw some fireballs and other neat stuff juuust out of your enemys sight. After you've run out, send the tanks up for finish them of.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:14 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

To be cheesy, you can take advantage of the fact that the game won't let enemies follow you from area to area. So, if you wanted, you could have Imoen go Stealth, stand at the top of the staircase, fire 1 arrow, then run back down before the bad guys can react, and repeat this process FOREVER.

Or you could just equip everybody with something explosive (Arrows of Detonation, Necklace of Missiles, Wand of Fire, Oil of Firey Burning, etc), and then just take your party up there and open fire at the middle of their group. That should......um.......disrupt a few of their spells.......or something. Yeah.

And dustbunny, you don't have to beat BG1 before you play Tales of the Sword Coast: ToSC just adds new areas (and quests, of course) to your existing map. You can roam from BG1 areas to ToSC areas and back with no problem (or plot difficulties) at all. The add-on is meant to be played concurrently. Have you already installed ToSC?
Old 03-07-2002, 02:18 AM   #5
Midget Gems

As usual you guys are spot on with your advice, but just to make it clear, the key to this fight IMO is the bad starting position. If a party of 5 or 6 all come up the stairs together, then you lose control of the fight and your weak NPCs get in the firing-line. If Quayle and Imeoen arrive first to take up good positions, then the rest of the party can come up next without getting into a muddle. After that there are lots of ways to handle the fight but summoning up some helpers is always a good idea. So Dustbunny, go get 'em.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:55 AM   #6
ahogse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To beat the oposition you need to be informed of who and who you are meeting. Use Imoen to scout ahead, stealth mode. Then prepare with spells before going up. I played a Paladin and put prot. from evil on my tanks and my magicuser put haste on the party. Branween put her spells to use.

When the party reach the forth floor the magic user cast dispell magic and Jaheera cast miscast magic on the oposition. After that all who could fire missile did so and my Palladin charge the oposition. Be smart to fire missile on the spellcasters, to interrupt their ability to cast spell. Also you should use arrows of acid etc.

Good luck Anders
ahogse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 09:13 AM   #7
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

My usual tactic is admittedly a bit cheesy. I have one character run up one stairway, throw one fireball/arrow of detonation or the like, run down the stairs, get healed, run up the OTHER stairway, repeat until well done. Alternating stairways prevents the bad guys from getting too close.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:39 AM   #8
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Ummm.. if he has Ajantis, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid and Quayle, then he´s probably the sixth character himself [img]smile.gif[/img]

My tactic is the cheesiest, although almost the same as Six´s. Cast at least three fireballs by different characters; that should "remove" the mages if you target them right. Then just shoot arrows towards the rest and change to melee when/if boys come too near. You don´t probably even need Haste, but summoning animals or monsters is a good idea.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:50 PM   #9
Lavindathar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
Ummm.. if he has Ajantis, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid and Quayle, then he´s probably the sixth character himself [img]smile.gif[/img]

OMG: I am now going to hang myself. Good bye. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2002, 09:23 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hee! I thought you'd already caught that, Lavi! Oh, well.

My most adventurous tactic for taking out these guys was when I was the Thief for one of my Multiplayer games: I transferred all the good equipment to myself, booted everyone else out of the party, and took out the entire floor solo, using Arrows of Detonation, the Dagger of Venom, and the Boots of Speed. Ohhhhh, that yummy EXP! Then I got everybody back on the team and we went our merry way.