Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2001, 10:56 AM   #1
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

When solo-ing is it best to dual class or multi class?

What is the best level to dual from a Kensai to a mage?

Whats the best multi class?

Whats the best singular class for solo-ing?

Hope you can help.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:44 AM   #2
Yggdrasil
Dungeon Master

I think it's best to dual a kensai to a mage at 12th level (I did it at 9) for the extra abilities. As far as preferring dual to multi, I much prefer dualling. Create a fighter, give him grand mastery in staffs and dual to a mage or cleric or druid. Or spread out your proficiencies between staffs and bows.

I've heard the sorcerer is the best class for soloing...or at least the easiest.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:54 AM   #3
Kaleban
Manshoon

Any class can be soloed at any difficulty, the question is merely of patience and skill on the part of you, the player.

All warriors get an extra 1/2 attack at level 13, and a Kensai's abilities by level are given at every 4th/3rd level, so dual at either level 12 or 13 depending on how much you want an extra 1/2 attack.

Dual or Multi depends on your style. An Elf multi will be hard to charm and has Infravision, Dwarves and Halflings are resistant to poison and magic.

Probably the easiest solo class later on (initially can be difficult) is the Sorcerer. Very versatile, and VERY powerful with the right selection of spells. F/M/Ts are also versatile, though their long-term power is limited as they gain levels slowly even soloing, and their extreme versatility limits their maximum power.

Hope this helps you out!
Old 11-29-2001, 12:11 PM   #4
*Sinbad*
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. I think it is best to dual.
2. Lvl. 13
3. There are many good, but I like fighter/thief
4. I would say a mage, cause they can both protect themselfes very good, and they can learn a spell that opens locked chests etc, which normally only the thief can do

Hope this is satisfying!

-*Sinbad*
Old 11-29-2001, 01:31 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by BALROGBANE:
When solo-ing is it best to dual class or multi class?

Do you have ToB installed? If yes, it's better to Multi than Dual. If not, the opposite is true.
Personally I think a thief-mage would have the most fun, a fighter-mage would be the most powerful and a fighter-thief would be a challenge.

-- Nifft