Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 02:59 PM   #1
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

heavy armor such as deadric cuiriass or ebony cuiriass has a very high lvl enchant. unlike that of glass armor for light armor it has a very low enchant lvl. a deadric curiass has an enchant lvl of 60. the glass curiass has an enchant lvl of 12. and the highest lvl the medium armor has is 24. the heavy armor sure is very heavy but they make up for enchantment power..so if you want to play a game and enchant stuff the best way to go is with heavy armor and heavy weapons. if you wanna go thru the game with no enchantments or minimal enchantments you go thru with light armor.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 05:45 PM   #2
Goumindong
Manshoon

But pick unarmored because your encumberance will be so little that the fact that your only wearing nice clothes will not detract from your ability to fight.
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:34 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I prefer heavy armor because I like to have a very high AR.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:34 PM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

and when you wear nothing you are limited to what magical things you actually can do
Old 06-10-2002, 07:37 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

there are actually people who don't wear anything?

won't they keep getting this meesage " cover yourself, are you mad? have you no decency? " when talking to npc? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 03:13 AM   #6
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

my character straight told me he would quit if i didnt put some clothes on him. said the fishes liked him a little to much when he went for a swim..........................
Old 06-12-2002, 11:59 AM   #7
DraconisRex

Besides enchant levels & weight & AR (armour rating), there is DR (DAMAGE RESISTANCE).

Light armour has less DR than heavy armour. You can be AR 20 in heavy or light, but the damage you take from an enemies blow will be reduced by the DR.

Oh yes, your sneak rating is affected by your armour. I think that Netch Leather is the quietest armour in the game. It's practically useless, but it's quiet.

[ 06-12-2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: DraconisRex ]
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 12:53 PM   #8
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

I have been wearing heavy armor since the start of my game and it does have its advantages if you can wear it.
1. It absorbs damage points in big ways when you have it repaired properly. Instead of you taking a beating it takes alot of it for you.
2. It increases your fatigue factor points when your running and jumping around with it on all day long.
3. The NPCs give you compliments on how well you must be doing to look so good.. I remember taking on my first skeleton champion with an armor rating of 26. By the time I came out from that battle, my helmet, right gauntlet, and sheild were in my inventory shredded beyond use.... but I survived.

(I thought I saw that a glass shield has a 30pt enchantablity btw.. not bad for light protective gear!)

*\Conan/*

[ 06-12-2002, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: *\Conan/* ]
*\Conan/* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 02:56 PM   #9
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i got my heavy armor skill up to 97 right now . my dragonbone ciuriass
has an armor rating of 323 my deadric face of god has an armor rating of 285. my ebony shield has an armor rating of 285. my two ebony bracers have an armor rating of 178.my overall rating it says at the bottom is 215. when i get hit i take no more than 3 points of damage. im also a lvl 43 char so it took awhile to get up to that point.
Old 06-15-2002, 04:34 AM   #10
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

armor rating at 100 now and my cuiriass and shield are at rating of 333 funny thing is if it is a weak hit i take no damage at all.