Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-30-2002, 10:56 AM   #1
Spartacus1
Welcomed New User

Hello Everyone;

I just created a Faerie Ninja. I can't seem to find any of the special weapons this class is suppose to utilize. Does anyone know where I can find or buy the weapons that this class combo can get. Does anyone know what weapons skills I should be working. I want it to be a combat ninja. I heard about the CoC but I expect I only get that at the end of the game. What weapons can I used around lvl 5 thru 12.

Thanks in advance
Spartacus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:06 PM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hello. I've developed a Faerie Ninja as well. I had two Faeries in that party (ninja and a bishop). From the start I had the Ninja take the Bishop's faerie stick so he had 2 of them and he dual wielded them. I think dual wielding staff/wand weapons from the start is a good idea. Try to work on staff/wand, dual, critical strike and close combat with him. I would go for stealth and alchemy later when you max these, build them up through practice at the start.

The only shop I think you can get a good wand in early is in Tyrnton, I think Fuzzfass sells a wand of static.

You actually should be able to get the CoC fairly early in the game, definitely by level 12. It's on the rattkin razuka leader, Don Barlone. If you prepare your party for him (use things like potions of razor cloak and stone skin, cast guardian angels - he can be tough) you should be able to take him out. Save before you try because dropping the CoC is random but usually happens. Or if you are playing with a patch level that lets you pickpocket more freely you can also try to PP it off of him.

Also after you get the CoC try to build up a couple of spell realms for ranged combat options, it's a cursed weapon so his throwing ability will go away in combats once you use the CoC (you'll have to uncurse it after each fight), so you will want spells there as a ranged option.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:00 PM   #3
otter
Elminster

Yah, i got the Cane as early as L6 (party of only 4) using a canned Elemental. I had let them all practise stealth by defending in front of a bunch of small spiders (who almost never hit once my AC was around 8) while i slept. With 100 stealth, the Don can't hit your chars very much. The only thing that they practised that was repetitive for me was Artifacts--if you want the canned Elemental to go, you gotta have some skill. I had 3 mana stones, my Bishop kept charming Braffit, using Mana stones, and selling-buying back the stones for recharging. Every 5-6 times, she got 1 point in Artifacts.
(and tons o'Mental and Divinity)
You can increase your Alchemy by mixing potions, there's a thread about that, a few days old, some nice money-making plans once your Alc skill gets to 15 already.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:45 PM   #4
Spartacus1
Welcomed New User

Gimli;

Thanks for the advice. I only have the one ninja staff from my faerie. I will try and buy one in a store.

Otter---where do u get these mana stones. All I ever did at stores was shoplifting. I never tried charming. I don't even think I have that spell yet. I sure charming will build magic skill but how did you build artifact skill.

Thanks for all the advice
Gray
Spartacus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:18 PM   #5
otter
Elminster

I don't remember who, but two of the 4 merchants i usually meet first (Burz & the 3 in Arnika) had them, but not for sale: If you PP merchants (not shoplift, but from the screen before that) you get stuff that's not in their inventories.
Charm is a L1 Priest and Psionic spell, i usually have a Monk or Bish who can learn that. (or both)
Any time you use something, like the Mana stones, or a Heal potion, etc, your Artifacts skill has a chance of increasing. The Mana stones do two functions, here; because Charm is one of the few spells that can give skill increases every time you cast it, rather than every 24 Hrs, not having to rest to recharge Spell Points allows me to increase my skills faster in both game time and 'real' time. The second function is that Mana Stones are Artifacts, and you get points in that skill, too. All chars can learn it, it's with Myth and Comm on the inventory screen, p.3.
Your FN can also wield a couple of Shillelas (1-6, KO5%, either hand)early in the game, that practises S&W and Dual; Burz sells them, and there's one in Upper Monastery.
I think Hayai Bo is OK, too, Crock sells'm

[ 05-30-2002, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: otter ]
Old 05-30-2002, 04:04 PM   #6
rbeane1
The Magister

My Faerie Nija is using Chucks and a posion dagger. She is just starting to get good with them. and is starting to kick a little butt. I'm running
a partty of six with 2 mages, a bishop, a fighter and a ranger. So she is
on the front lines.
rbeane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 09:03 PM   #7
milotin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And just for a little bit more fun, you can go buy the Ninjato or the Nunchucks from Crock in the Swamp. (sounds like a TV show...)
Old 05-31-2002, 01:15 AM   #8
otter
Elminster

Sprites' Dagger is also lotsa fun, the sprites in Trynton Sanctuary drop one for me most of the time.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:13 AM   #9
Niob
The Magister

best secondary weapon for fairy-ninja is rod of sprites, dropped by crag or cliff sprites in AP or MW. It's staff&wand therefore perfect with CoC.
Bye
Niob
Niob is offline   Reply With Quote