Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-27-2001, 06:32 PM   #31
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
So how did your girl wind up in captivity do you know?
Actually to tell you the truth they were wild caught because they had no dolphins from captive stock they could draw from back when this program started.

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-27-2001, 06:35 PM   #32
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
washing the cats, toting stuff here and there, taking out the trash, lord I even cleaned the toilet
Washing the cats Rotfl! I would rather clean the toilet than try to wash a cat LOL

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-27-2001, 06:43 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Weeeelll...

in a bizarre turn of coincidences, the ISP where my domain is housed went bankrupt over the last couple of weeks. (They used to be my old dialup ISP...and I changed companies to get DSL only a bare 3 days before the old one went belly up!! Talk about close). So I've been doing the monkey scramble like Ziroc did to find a new host (which I now have...I'm just waiting for the DNS to move it's laggy self and point to the new host). Fortunately, the old site is still functioning (miraculously) but I don't want to do anything to it as I have everything backed up onto a CD-ROM and don't feel like reburning anything. So until everything settles down, I'm in cyber-limbo. The worst part is that Network Solutions (i.e. InterNIC) still has my old e-mail address (the one at the downed ISP) and trying to get them to change it...well, I think it's easier to deal with the government. I'd rather try to pass a bill through Congress than deal with InterNIC again. So I'm hoping everything will go through before the old site goes down. Right now, it feels like a race against the clock.

Saz! Sound ghastly! What a time you have had! *passes a bottle of primo Champagne to the beleagured moderator* Here...let's toast to a much improved real life and the return of fantasy and crpg here at Ironworks, at least!

Cloudy, with a new cable modem and addy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-27-2001, 06:44 PM   #34
Epona
Zartan

I spent some time studying, most of my time working and the rest of the time pouting about not having Ironworks of course!

I visited Stealthys Site frequently, keeping in touch with a few people there. I also jumped from forum to forum looking for anywhere as nice as this place.

I would like to say a big thank you to the folks at The Elysium, who welcomed us Ironworks refugees - I hope some of them pop over here to say hi. Of course nothing could take the place of Ironworks though

Other than surfing the net, it was a pretty miserable 2 weeks with some minor stuff like leaking radiators, and also my much loved little budgie passed away last weekend - he was 10 years old, very old, and we knew he wouldn't live forever, but alas he was ill for about a week and although we tried to save him, nothing could be done. Very sad, I miss the noise and him chirruping to me when I come home from work.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-27-2001, 06:46 PM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
Washing the cats Rotfl! I would rather clean the toilet than try to wash a cat LOL

You'd be happier, that's for sure! I've washed a few cats in my day...whoa! John, I hope you had protective armor on, is all I can say. *looks at her battlescars* Yup... you NEED that armor!

CB

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-27-2001, 06:49 PM   #36
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I spent some time studying, most of my time working and the rest of the time pouting about not having Ironworks of course!

I visited Stealthys Site frequently, keeping in touch with a few people there. I also jumped from forum to forum looking for anywhere as nice as this place.

I would like to say a big thank you to the folks at The Elysium, who welcomed us Ironworks refugees - I hope some of them pop over here to say hi. Of course nothing could take the place of Ironworks though

Other than surfing the net, it was a pretty miserable 2 weeks with some minor stuff like leaking radiators, and also my much loved little budgie passed away last weekend - he was 10 years old, very old, and we knew he wouldn't live forever, but alas he was ill for about a week and although we tried to save him, nothing could be done. Very sad, I miss the noise and him chirruping to me when I come home from work.

Epona, I know I said I was sorry to hear about your losing your budgie on Stealthy's site, but I repeat it here. So sorry!
I hope all the non-working things are fixed too!

CB

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-27-2001, 06:49 PM   #37
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:

It's not hard if you use a gunney sack

Hold on cat lovers we got two cats , Abigail female hell spawn , Fritz male fixxed petphomanic and four dogs Tara female black lab, Sheba female ugly as homemade sin, Gracie (tara's baby and passing stranger), Buster male spitz fixxed. Hey wait a minute it seems that my wife getsthe males fixxed, mental note to self sleep lightly from now on.
Old 04-27-2001, 06:49 PM   #38
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Ate lotsa cheese (and why not?)

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 04-27-2001, 06:52 PM   #39
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Haha! Cat washing eh? Reminds me of a joke. OK now, please please take this joke in the light humor it is intended to be. I am a TOTAL animal lover, you have no idea. This is just one of those "cruel" humor jokes not to be taken seriously, yet funny nevertheless.

Here goes:

WASHING A CAT

1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.

2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids raised to open position.

3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his claws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.

5. Flush the toilet 3 to 4 times. This provides a "power wash and rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.

6. Have someone open the nearest door to the yard and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and this door. Also, be sure that any hallway doors are FULLY opened.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids!

8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and run outside, where he will dry himself.

I'm sorry. Was that in bad taste? I thought it funny, but if it offends anyone, please say so and I'll nix it.

------------------
Old 04-27-2001, 06:59 PM   #40
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ladyzekke,
I wish I had done it that way, that beats a gunney sack. Two jobs off the honey-do list at once.

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 04-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 04-27-2001).]