Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-27-2006, 07:38 AM   #1
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Just started a new game and wanted to try something a little different. I went with a balance character who will be a master in throwing. Level 17 now, it happens so fast, and have 4 levels in throw and got the master quest. I have unlocking cantrip, strength of earth, and a couple other spells, as well as molitove cocktail, healing salve, charged ring. With the charged ring I can get 4 points to dex and I started at 10 so to master at throwing I only need 4 more points in dex. I am going for azras star. Right now I have 5 attacks with the serated chalkra. I gather all the baddies in a group, toss a molitove to disperse and then pick away at em. Outside of a pure magic guy this guy has been the best. I'm getting ready to go to Black mountain after 1 level in repair.

Anyone else playing?
Old 02-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Used to. Nice game, but not quite finished. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #3
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

It's one of those games that is so big it is hard to finish.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

I usually also play with throwing experts using chakrams (think Xena) as they are appearantly indestructible. Most melee weapons take heavy damage when you hit something hard, like metal doors and some enemies, but not chakrams. They're also quick and doesn't require any ammo as they're bomerang-type weapons.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #5
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I was going to pick up some extra ones before the black mountain mines because the ore golems damage weapons pretty good. Sounds like I don't have to.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I had an amazing single class mage going before the main plotline bugged up on me. Soloed it with only the dog (so I guess not really a solo.) I never really got the hang of using a techie, or balancing out a neutral character. I always wanted to make a character like in the opening movie, using magical swords and guns.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Techs are cool but you really have to work to find the right scematics. Thier weapons are not as good until the Telsa gun, Pyrotechnic bow is pretty sweet if you go the bow route. If you do use guns you can find an Elephant Gun pretty early so you don't have to build up Gun Smithy that fast. I just buy a bounch of manuals from the university to raise my tech skills high enough for the scematics I need.
I know as a magic user I used the spell "Harm" a lot.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Well, first off, the Dog should be nerfed to hell and back. He becomes a dodge and melee master at level 45, and nothing can harm him from then onward.
Secondly, the game is very easy if you go the harm-athon route. Harm is madly effective. Madly. No other single skill does has as much bang for buck as Harm. But, when you need to take care of loads of enemies, using combinations pays out a whole lot more. For example, set up a wall of force behind some enemies, wall of fire infront of that, use the push spell to bang the enemies into the wall of force, make them burn in the fire, and then close the wall from the front with a wall of stone. This sequence can get rid of several strong monsters, monsters that would require 15+ Harms to kill, and it does them all at once, if you position yourself good. I recommend you download any of the latest official or unofficial patches there are, to balance the game a bit. Also, once you beat the game, feel free to download the 128 patch, which will allow your character to reach level 128 instead of 50. Maxed out mages at level 128 are... Let's put it this way: if all the monsters in the world spawned in your room, you could kill them before falling below 50% hp.
That's why I prefer to play with techies. The game is much harder when you play with a technologist character. Even their uber weapons(machine gun) require you to have 6 companions just to haul the damned bullets. It's just much more fun to play with a techie than a mage...
Now that you've got me thinking about he game, I might go through it one more time...
Old 02-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

Yes, the dog is overpowered. I wonder what the developer thought when they made him.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I loved that game. Great story, amazing visuals (relatively speaking), EXCELLENT voice acting, and the ambiance... Tarant>Amn. That being said, my ending kinda sucked: I ran out of bullets and went at 'im with a dagger while the rest of my party got slashed to hell lol.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote