Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2000, 09:03 AM   #11
drezden

I just got the assignment from the Priests, picked up Keldorn and then went and killed the beholder and all the other cultists there. I also got the key to the Lich's lair but haven't gone there yet. I went back to the priests and got XPs and reward. So your saying I could go kill the Lich and then some super-beholder/God will be back in the original lair, huh?

Old 12-13-2000, 09:07 AM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The lich doesn´t have anything with this quest to do at all. i have in my most recent game ledt that lich alone since it is part of something else that I haven´t yet figured out so I will wait until I get the quest to find what is in that coffin, if you want to find out there are alot of topics here that describes it further..
But if the Beholder God in´t down in the lair, I´m afraid you have encountered a bug, though somethings change depending on which character you play i doubt that this would such an event..
Old 12-13-2000, 10:23 AM   #13
TLan

SPOILER most certainly!
It is as was said by WOLFGIR..

1) You go to Temple District for the first time and move on some, you will come across Gaal who's "recruiting" those stupid peasants;
2) High Watcher Osrig or whatever will tell you to follow him and will assign you the quest to investigate and destroy that cult, basically "Seek and Destroy";
3) You go to sewers, will have one neato fight there with a band of unhappy (to me anyway) adventurers and meet up with Keldorn;
4) Enter the place where you found Keldorn and work your way to the Gaal (watch for gas chamber action, also web trap before the wooden bridges);
5) Ask about how to become a member and agree to run an errand for him - you get the key;
6) Go back to entrace to the place, there's a door what you can open now - enter (watch for level drain trap);
7) Talk to Salassar or whatever and agree to help;
---
7a) Sarcophagus is totally different quest and in NO WAY tied to this one. In there are.. was it legs.. Yes, golden legs and arms, which are part of loveable Kangaxx the (Demi)Lich. Pick the bones, you'll do that fight one day for the good ring you will get ("Pain will be passing, you should survive the process");
---
Smack shadows and go down, work your way to the broken paviljon or whatever, say Life, Time and Current and off you are - check the trap before bridges;
9) After some talk with diseased one enter the temple - NB! Turn off party AI (easier that way, no messing);
10) Once inside, hit the "Stop Party" button just in case and get your cleric/druid cast some Healing spell on that demon - Jaheiras Cure Light Woulds work every time for me, and also once - just cast it on demon and wait some, it will drop dead;
11) Talk to "I" (Amaunator Avatar), and get the rod part eventually;
12) Back up, talk to Salassar, he tells you to meet Tad, not Gaal - work your way back there and DO so!
13) In undead city kill them all;
14) In pit kill them all, lil' gauth is 9k exp heh.. In middle are priests, bunch of them, spank them;
15) Second treasure room (you enter to first and then work your way down on the map) has second part of rod - get your group in, pick up the rod with your best melee char (can be anyone but would nice to use a char who can hit mobs when he/she swings a weapon) and rod pieces will "merge" - place it into Quick Slot;
16) Walk out of room and you will be immediately mano-to-eye with Unseeing Eye - it will put on bunch of buffs, but one smack from rod (you can use it only once) will practically remove them all and almost kill it - then just smack it once and voila! it's dead;
17) Work your way up to Salassar room, then down, then to temple, give rod, get shield and exp, be happy

Works every time, like a charm.

Old 12-13-2000, 10:28 AM   #14
TLan

Yikes! Corrections!

10) Jaheira's spell Cure Light Wounds;
15) Second treasure room NOT counting the one you are in, if you do count that also then 3rd - when heading "down" on the map;

Old 05-18-2001, 07:45 PM   #15
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Would the rod work on the Lich?
I've just been down to the unseeing eye's hold, and got the rod.
The eye appeared, and I didn't equip the rod, instead I just gave him a good kicking.
I went out of the exit back to the room near the sarcophagus to rest, saved it there.
Could I use the rod's one charge to top the lich? can you use it later in the game for something else? or does it get wasted once you give it to the Avatar?
Old 05-19-2001, 11:21 AM   #16
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
*Just found out it does work on the Lich!!!!!!
I looked at the rod's description, and it said that it wouldn't be a good idea to take it above ground, so I figured - what the hell! I didn't use it on the unseeing eye, so I may as well give the Lich a try.
Used it on him, and he immediately went to being 'near death'!!!!!
He cast a couple of spells - confusion etc, but he was too weak to do anything.
I bashed his bonce in and went and finished the unseeing eye quest!
Old 05-19-2001, 12:46 PM   #17
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ehhe get the Daystar sword if you wanna fight the Lich there........I used its sunray ability and dealt 1205 damage to that Lich hahahaha
Old 05-19-2001, 12:53 PM   #18
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
The sword is located in the inn which is located in the City Gates....Its behind a secret wall.If the fight is too tough try this:

When u Go in, there should be a Lich(i think) inside, he will cast time stop and then cast lots of other spells and also summon a monster,since i had a low level then, i went in took the sword from the chest inside then ran out and rest in the inn while the two stupid enemies wait inside hahaha,after resting, go in and the monster he summoned should be dead thus giving u a relatively easy battle.

(i hope yall understand)
Old 05-19-2001, 01:31 PM   #19
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by drezden:
I just got the assignment from the Priests, picked up Keldorn and then went and killed the beholder and all the other cultists there. I also got the key to the Lich's lair but haven't gone there yet. I went back to the priests and got XPs and reward. So your saying I could go kill the Lich and then some super-beholder/God will be back in the original lair, huh?
I think if you do it that way, when you get attacked after talking to Gall its not the REAL Unseeing Eye that appears. Its just another Beholder (even if the the game says it is when you hover over it so the name appears.) By not going to the temple and takling to the avatar and getting the first half of the rod and completing the quest properly YOU MISS ALOT OF XP. I think youll miss about 28,000 in all. At this early stage of the game you need all the XP you can get. So if I were you Id go back and do it right. ifn ya can.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2001, 01:56 PM   #20
Raze
The Magister

If you give the rod to Gaal you get a decent amount of EXP.
However you can repeat the process several times: speak to gaal as soon as the dialogue finishes and you get the same amount of exp again. I did this 4 or 5 times before gaal turned hostile.