Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-15-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Peter Parker
User banned for failing to adhere to TOS

I resurrected two ancient threads because I am irresponsible and didn't read the rules. Sue me, they were threads I was interested in. Interesting then, interesting now. I'll make new posts from here on out, twas not trying to be. . .evillll. . .
Peter Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:13 PM   #2
Peter Parker
User banned for failing to adhere to TOS

Ah, I see my double fault is called "Thread Necromancy" by the affluent of the world wide web. Well so be it!
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
THREAD NECROMANCER (PETER PARKER)

Medium Outsider (Chaotic, Abberation, Evil)

Ehhhhh, I think I'll leave it at that ;D.
Peter Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Uh... apology accepted? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

From your locked thread....I was curious about this bit:
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Parker:
10. Six of Spades Tactics. . .when is it coming out? Oh, at the up-and-coming Iron Modding competion? Finally!
If you're wondering when/if the changes I suggested in my Tactics Review will be implemented by Weimer, I suggest you visit www.weidu.org (is that right?) and hunt down the Tactics README. At the end of the file is a list of all the changes made in each version, and Weimer did indeed like a lot of my suggestions.
If, however, you're wondering when/if *I* am going to be coming out with my own interpretations of the Tactics components ("This is how Six would make the Random City Encounters," etc), then boy oh BOY have you got a long wait. The best I can do is Email my Sahuagin .CREs to Weimer and hope he bothers to look at them.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:26 PM   #5
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, the Tactics page is
http://www.weidu.org/tactics.html

It has the basic README file linked on the web, but what many people don't realize is: AFTER you install tactics, you can look in the individual folders for each componant of Tactics, and find HINTS- README files. These specifically describe each componant's powers and purpose, and give tips on how to beat it.

ALSO, you'll find a very special alternate README file, in your C:/Programs/Black Isle/BGII-SOA/tactics2/ folder. The special file is called "README-SixOfSpades.txt". It isn't posted online AFIK. It gives extensive input/criticisms from SixOfSpades, and informative replies from Wes Weimer. IMO, this is much more interesting and detailed than the "Changes Since Last Version" log. Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
[ This file contains some text quote from the SixOfSpades Tactics Review
(in particular, the part that reviewed Weimer-written components of
Tactics.) It is included here so that (1) bored players can see the
sort of things that we talk about and (2) interested players will see
concrete examples of feedback being applied and changing the mod. ]
It's nice to read for people who are following these Tactics threads on IW.

[ 09-15-2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Hank Parsons ]
Old 09-16-2004, 01:03 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To Peter Parker,

Larry and I were kind enough to warn you first, but if this is the kind of recalcitrant attitude you wish to display, then so be it. You have forced our hands.

[ 09-16-2004, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:08 AM   #7
SimDing0
Dungeon Master

Quote:
If, however, you're wondering when/if *I* am going to be coming out with my own interpretations of the Tactics components ("This is how Six would make the Random City Encounters," etc), then boy oh BOY have you got a long wait. The best I can do is Email my Sahuagin .CREs to Weimer and hope he bothers to look at them.
Don't forget your pretty much complete redesign of Improved Oasis. [img]smile.gif[/img]
SimDing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:56 AM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by SimDing0:
Don't forget your pretty much complete redesign of Improved Oasis. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Pffft, at least 70% of IO2 is Jamis's new dialogue, and I had jack diddly to do with that. Throwing in a few Shieldbearers does not a mod make (and a good thing, too).
Old 09-18-2004, 05:49 AM   #9
SimDing0
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
quote:
Originally posted by SimDing0:
Pffft, at least 70% of IO2 is Jamis's new dialogue, and I had jack diddly to do with that. Throwing in a few Shieldbearers does not a mod make (and a good thing, too). [/QUOTE]There IS a bit more to it than the Shieldbearers. But yeh, I'd be fairly upset if new creatures constituted the majority of mods these days.
SimDing0 is offline   Reply With Quote