Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-15-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Trick or Treat RE: WoW v3.0.2

One quick thing I wish to say about the latest patch. I'm REALLY loving my Prot-Warrior now.

Hehe.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: WoW v3.0.2

Initially I wasn't happy with my rogue, but I'm starting to get into Killing Spree.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'm liking it, revamping all my alts now.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Initially I wasn't happy with my rogue, but I'm starting to get into Killing Spree.
5/51/5?

That's what I'm trying out at the moment. Takes a bit of time to readjust from 20/0/41, but seems pretty good so far for DPS at least. With all these combat talent revamps, SS hits much harder than hemo did now. If only I had 2 good daggers I'd be mutilate without hesitation!

What level is your prot warrior up to Dundee?

I can't decide what to do with my Druid now, I will go feral again in WoTLK, but I have resto gear now, which has much more offensive spell power now due to the changes, so I'm tempted to try deep Balance out

I have to reinstall all of my interface addons now, as it's all gone completely mental!

O/T: Mem have you tried the DK much with your beta account? I'm itching to try one of those, they sound like my cup of tea play style (even if they do seem very evil indeed!).
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I love it. I love the killing spree. I love the energy regeneration rate. I love the super dps (1.8k) I'm dealing out in kara yesterday.

I don't know why, seems like kara is a piece of cake now. Most of the bosses die within 1 minute. Curator didn't had the chance to do its evocation, illhoof only manage to do 1 sacrifice, nethersphite didn't manage to open any portal, I think we brought down prince in 2 or 3 infernals.

I like the achievement thingie. I'm now doing the exploration achievement. The only problem I encounter is I couldn't complete "explore durator" because there's too many hordes outside origrimmar and I couldn't enter it.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Basically, every class was buffed is why. Liken it to the crossover from WoW vanilla green items to Outland green items. Now, the older bosses are easier because we are all running with new and improved WotLK specs.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Damn... 3300 fire spell.. usually was 2800-ish... with my spec.. VERY nice.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink Whistlefly View Post
5/51/5?

O/T: Mem have you tried the DK much with your beta account? I'm itching to try one of those, they sound like my cup of tea play style (even if they do seem very evil indeed!).
I certainly have, and it's pretty OP at the early levels anyway. For details and SS click below.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=99773

Old 10-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Didn't take long for Ret Pallies to get nerfed.

From Ghostcrawler (Blizzard rep):

Quote:
As I stated yesterday, we are happy with Ret's PvE damage and sustatined damage in PvP, but were concerned that the burst damage in PvP could be too high. We discussed this for literally hours yesterday, which was certainly not the first time we have discussed the issue. Thus I hope these changes are not perceived as a knee-jerk reaction, but I am sure that will depend a great deal on which class you play.

Divine Storm -- the damage was changed from Holy to Physical. As you know, Holy damage is almost never mitigated and this talent could pack a lot into a very short time. This is a nerf to the ability's damage. This change is now active on Live.

Repentance -- this ability now lasts for only 6 seconds in PvP (down from 10). Obviously this is also a nerf. This change is also active on Live.

Art of War -- now affects all damage done by Judgements, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm (instead of critical strike damage). Net dps should be about the same but less bursty. This change will be made before Nov 13.

Righteous Vengeance -- now applies a dot affect similar to Deep Wounds (instead of critical strike damage). This ends up being a significant buff to the ability to make up for the damage lost to Divine Storm, but is also less bursty. This change will be made before Nov 13. EDIT: The dot will NOT break Repentance.

Glyph of Crusader Strike -- now reduces mana cost (instead of increased damage on stunned targets.) We thought paladins could stack too much damage vs. stunned targets. This change will be made before Nov 13.

We also fixed a bug with Seal and Judgement of Light that could sometimes result in too much healing.

In our tests, Retribution dps remains the same over longer periods of time, but they can't do quite so much damage in the initial few seconds of a PvP encounter.

I know Ret pallies feel a little picked on since we've made this mistake before of having them come out the gate too strong and then had to correct them. For that I do apologize. It's a difficult spec to balance since part of its design is to have large crits and stuns, which have obvious PvP implications. We are pretty confident this will not nerf pallies into the ground as I facetiously promised yesterday, but if we overdid it, we'll be happy to back off some of the changes.

On the other hand, maybe we'll see fewer BGs with 20 paladins on the opposing side and can get some reasonable feedback on all the other classes in the game.

EDIT: To clairfy the new dot will not break Repentance.
LOL.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Don't get comfortable. While the poor lolret pallies are the first, they are certainly not the last. As was the case with TBC, all classes will be "re-examined" over the course of the next month or so. I am currently playing my warlock again, so I think I am pretty safe as far as safe goes. Still, since I have mains in practically every class, I worry.