Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2001, 10:39 AM   #21
Yggdrasil
Dungeon Master

I agree, Eldoran - combinations are crucial.

Mostly my PC dual wields Answerer with Belm (doesn't even matter if Belm hits or not - the extra attack is worth it). After a few hits from Answerer, I pause the game and switch to Staff of the Ram +6.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 11:51 AM   #22
andy the assasin
Manshoon

Flail of ages with all 5 heads and the Angurvadal +5 are easily the best single handed weapons.
andy the assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 01:33 PM   #23
Halaster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I personally like the Axe of the Unyielding and FoA combo.
Other than that I like Foebane +5 with Angurvadal +5.
Halaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:31 PM   #24
Encard
Quintesson

Axe of the Unyielding +5 and Crom Fayer... the massive bonuses the axe gives you (listed above) + Crom Fayer's 25 STR and a few other things it does is great... although a combination of The Answerer and that other fancy weapon... what was it... ah, yes, Foebane +5, is very nice for a second warrior type.
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:39 PM   #25
Magness
Quintesson

As I said in my earlier reply, I am a great fan of Foebane+5. That Laroch's Minor Drain secondary ability is VERY powerful, particularly in longer battles. The wielding character can have his/her HP soar over 200 or 250 HP!!! This is almost as good as regeneration.

Obviously, if you're fighting vamps and need negative plane protection, then switching to a weapon that provides NPP is a necessary thing.

Also, I agree with those that say that the Answerer is a great weapon against tough bosses.

But for my GP, Foebane+5 is a truly potent weapon that doesn't really get it's due.

I think that it's a great weapon for paladins or rangers in particular. Why, you ask? Since there are very few good bastard swords in SoA, fighters will tend to shy away from putting prof points into bastard sword. However, since paladins and rangers tend to jacks-of-all-weapons, taking a point or 2 in bastard sword after starting ToB requires less commitment. A fighter with 5* in (whatever) will probably want to stick with (whatever), rather than start adding points in Bast.Sword.

Just my 2GP.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:11 AM   #26
Charlander
Dungeon Master

bump (this is a coll topic)
Old 12-14-2001, 06:56 AM   #27
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

At the moment I have a high level bard and I just can't decide what to give him. My personal favorites at the moment are:

Dual wield of Anguvadal thingy and Foebane with Montolio's cloak,

or

Foebane and the Sentinel sheild.

I like the Axe of Unyielding but the strength bonus from the flame sword and the Larlochs minor drain are brilliant little helpers in any battle. What with the +2 strength from hell this makes a bard have strength 24 and +5 to ThAC0 and damage. Not bad truth be told.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 12:50 PM   #28
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

Why is angruvadal (or whatever its called) better than Axe of the Unyielding? The Axe gives you regeneration, constitution, VORPAL HITS, great damage and the Sword gives you strength and fire damage. The strength can be achieved with a belt. Use the axe first!
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 03:25 PM   #29
salom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my fav is the Angurvadal+5
salom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 02:08 AM   #30
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i have a barbarian that wields the Crom Faeyr, and RuneHammer+5. he is just too cool.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote