Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-11-2001, 02:02 AM   #1
Griever
Manshoon

well, it just popped in my head. do you believe in parallel universes,or another world existing? how bout in another solar system? are really aliens? what if the ideas we create are actually ideas that are relayed to us by the one whom we thought we created? what im saying is this...

what if we existed in the same time, but different world, the second meaning, is BG2 true, or what? in some other world i mean....

think....

------------------

Tifa loves her Cloud, Squall loves his Rinoa, Sephiroth... loves his Masamune.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:08 AM   #2
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

no.

HA just kidding, very good question and i will have to say yes, just as somewhere i said no, or i don't know. At every moment of choice that any being has if they pick one, somewhere the other options occur.

All things are possible somewhere.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:11 AM   #3
Griever
Manshoon

yes, but that would violate or uniqueness though... geez, see this is the confusing part, on where we will all end up saying, well never till we get there... but then again, who knows, or we are just wasting our time thnking? hmmm...

------------------

Tifa loves her Cloud, Squall loves his Rinoa, Sephiroth... loves his Masamune.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:23 AM   #4
IamOpus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As if one life wasn't enough to worry about without wondering how some other you is going after taking a different path after some decision or other. Would you have it split at major events (Sliding Doors style - and other similar movies/books/etc) or after every nanosecond and decision you make? Make sure you get all of the blue fluff out of your bellybutton ...

Reminds me of an idea in a book "The Number of the Beast" by Robert Heinlein, which, amongst other things, put forward the idea that every work of fiction creates a universe which is real for the inhabitants. How would they know?

[This message has been edited by IamOpus (edited 03-11-2001).]
Old 03-11-2001, 02:32 AM   #5
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Griver our choices make us unquice, the ohter 'us' that take the other choices arn't us, the experinces differ because that have taken the other choice. ANd if we all end up at the same place, we could have conversations about how your life were different because of the choices.
Old 03-11-2001, 03:23 AM   #6
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In a way, parallel universes would be cool, so it would really take the pressure off this life. But I would suck, when you die, to have to face your other possiblities and say you do ok. I vote for one universe.

BK
Old 03-11-2001, 03:29 AM   #7
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Um... Griever, you okay???

Hi, BK!

------------------

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-11-2001).]
Old 03-11-2001, 10:33 AM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

NoelemaC - That Sylvia Brown is wrong again and again, but nobody seems to say anything about it. It's sad really the way she plays on other's miseries to rake in the cash. I agree: "Blah"!

------------------
Old 03-11-2001, 10:37 AM   #9
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

I have thought about things like this and they do sound intriguing (sic). Is the universe neverending? I think nothing is, so, then what lies on "the other side"? The human brain can't possibly fathom these kind of data and come up with some intellectual answer, just as we can't think in 3D. This is to huge for anyone to think up, we have to see it. I just doubt anyone of us will live to do just that.

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:55 AM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Are we alone? NO
In a universe that is so expansive that the human brain cannot comprehend it, we are fooling ourselves if we believe that we are the only intelligent life that exists. We have to assume that intelligent life has either evolved or been created on other planets. For those that believe in creation.....why would the Creator make such a vast universe and only have one small planet in one small galaxy have intelligent life....seems like a huge waste of space. And for those that believe in Evolution......life needs the 'right' mix of 'chemicals' to form...and it is a miniscule chance that life will form even if the 'right' mix is present.....however even given these miniscule odds, in such a large universe you have to think that at least one other planet has had this 'right' mix and that life was able to start just as here.....we are not alone....there is no way we can be. I believe that millions of alien races are out there. And it is only be a matter of time until we contact them. The universe has been present for around 15 billion years and humans have only been around (in a presence that we could recognize alien life) for around 6000 years. One day we will either be contacted or will contact alien life.

------------------