Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-09-2001, 03:47 AM   #1
Griever
Manshoon

geez.. until now, i cant get over it. i always think of her 24/7! it pisses me off!!!! can anyone, ANYONE, give a suggestion on how to not think of her?!?! and dont tell me do something else to distract me!

------------------

Tifa loves her Cloud, Squall loves his Rinoa, Sephiroth... loves his sword.
Old 03-09-2001, 04:10 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

I know the feeling man, I had the same problem, my only solution was to imagine her going out with her mates and laughing about me behind my back. That way I got angry, and eventually got over it. (also about that time I bought BG2 - so that might have helped. )

------------------

Old 03-09-2001, 04:35 AM   #3
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Griever:
geez.. until now, i cant get over it. i always think of her 24/7! it pisses me off!!!! can anyone, ANYONE, give a suggestion on how to not think of her?!?! and dont tell me do something else to distract me!

I had the same feeling a year ago, real depressed and felt rejected. So in seek of a cure I turned to heavy metal, in particular Metallica.

Now here's a little something Jaymz likes to say that makes him feel better (it was on a concert I saw) and I tried it and it does help.
So try SCREAMING this to yourself a few times a day until you get feeling fu*king good again, follow me friend:

"We don't give a shit!!!"

. Wow, that felt good.
Try it, and I'm sure it will help.

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.

[This message has been edited by Vicotnik (edited 03-09-2001).]
Old 03-09-2001, 07:47 AM   #4
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I have not been where you are yet, but it sounds like a real shit...
sorry if I aint much help...

*Sylent places 1 vote of confidence in the box marked "The Depression"

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Theif of the OHF
Old 03-09-2001, 08:51 AM   #5
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

If the problem is what it sounds like, then maybe this will help. You miss her and many of us have worn those shoes from time to time, some more than our share. The pain goes away in time, but with everyone it's different. We're all here for you as much as we can be, but better would be friends that ou can talk to and see in person. Midnight coffee at the local diner, (don't laugh) bowling is a hell of a release, for me it was late night drives along the river, with the moon to guide me. I'd get to this one park that I knew and suck back a bottle of beer, smoke about a pack of cigarettes and bawl my eyes out. Then, my friends set me up with the town bicycle, you know, the one that everyone's had a ride on? That was probably the beginning of my recovery, realizing that my life doesn't have to revolve around a part of it that's gone. Things will get better.

...god, I hope you were talking about a breakup, if you weren't I feel really foolish now...
Old 03-09-2001, 08:52 AM   #6
Griever
Manshoon

well, doing that doesnt piss me off, it even hurts more... ........

*Griever goes out of his room, looks at the stars and screams, "WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!!!!!" over and over until his mom got a hold of him... and the neighbors pissed

i turn to limp bizkit for angst releasing purposes...

------------------

Old 03-09-2001, 08:57 AM   #7
Griever
Manshoon

it aint a break-up, and i think its worse than a break up coz i think ill never be able to even get there if you know what i mean... so your advice really helps... it kinda hit me coz of the beer, park and the moonlight... and by then ill be wishing i was with her so she can be experiencing what i am experiencing!!!! SHIT!!!!!

------------------

Old 03-09-2001, 09:13 AM   #8
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Best advise I can give you is no advise. Been there. Nothing helps. Only thing I can do is let you know I feel for you, if you are ever in Columbus OH, I'll buy you a beer (you are old enough, right? Ahhh, screw it, I'll get you one anyways . . . ).

BK
Old 03-09-2001, 09:19 AM   #9
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm, Philipines... is prostitution legal there? There's nothing like a good no expectations, pre-paid romp to clear your mind! B)
I agree on the best advice is no advice thing, though. Although First person shooters with lots of gore are good too!
Old 03-09-2001, 09:22 AM   #10
Griever
Manshoon

im sixteen, and here, i could buy whatever i want. and sure, if ill ever be in that place... EVER? i dont even know if ill get out of this dump! i know what you mean man... but just like what KDogRex said, it helped me a lil...

------------------