Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-20-2001, 01:20 AM   #1
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

I'm a newbie with a paladin. I got a to the layer where Pai Nai is, I can ususally beat her but the spiders that she controls are just too much! The poison always gets to at least two of my memeber and the spiders are already hard to kill. Does anyone have any advice?
Old 06-20-2001, 01:29 AM   #2
Grinch
The Magister

I always dealt with that in the following manner,enter her lair,cast cloudkill,exit her lair.Wait a few minutes and go back inside.BTW your Paladin should have ,under special abilities (the star symbol) the ability to slow poison twice a day.The cloudkill will eliminate her spider swarm,then you should be able to melee her to death with little,or no trouble.

------------------
Grinch
Old 06-20-2001, 01:39 AM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i just have a mage use a Wand of Fire to cast Fireball at the back of your field of vision. that wipes out most or all of them, depending on how quickly you got to pause it.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 06-20-2001, 01:41 AM   #4
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ah, where have my manners gone? welcome to the boards!

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 06-20-2001, 01:47 AM   #5
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yep any area spell wipes out the little spiders easy, they don't have alot of hitpoints. So once you enter the room, quickly cast 1 or 2 area spells and you shouldn't have any problem.

Lots of powers work great, a horn of blasing, daystars sunray attack, a simple fireball or cloudkill, a level 1 entangle spell could easily hold alot of the spiders so they don't swarm you at the beginning.
Old 06-20-2001, 01:51 AM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Fireball is what I used, and it took care of most of the spiders quite nicely.

And welcome to the board!

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 06-20-2001, 02:03 AM   #7
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

Yup, I tend to just use a well placed fireball also. You might take a bit of damage but it usually wipes the floor with em.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:25 AM   #8
Trunks the Fighter
Dungeon Master

I wanted to have some fun so i used one of my many wands of fear in combination of stinking cloud!!!!!That is a lot of fun!!!!!!Watch them run and faint and run and faint and run and faint... By the way.....Killthix is useful for stopping people still with web sling, it nearly always works.... but otherwise he dies.... 30hp is not enough.