Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 02:55 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, I said spoilers in the title, but just in case:

-------------

---------------

--------------

Ok, I know that if Yoshimo is in my party when I hit Spellhold, he turns traitor. Also that you get to fight him later (serves him right the b*stard!)

Anway, I wondered what would happen if you drop him off at the CC as soon as you get another thief possibility (Jan, Nalia) then run through some quests (raising your level and the npc levels a bit) and pick Yoshimo up just before you head to Spellhold.

At the final fight with him, will his level be the same as when you dropped him off? In my experience so far, everyone I've dropped then re-added has been in same state as I left them (ie: if needed healing when I dropped them, they still needed it when I picked them up).

If so, would Yoshimo be at that comparatively low level when you get to the final fight with him? Would it make a bit of difference either way?

I'm heading for Spellhold in a bit (gotta finish off Firkraag first-er that may take a while, who knows! )
Old 01-30-2001, 03:04 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I think it is true that the NPC remain with the same level and stats as you drop him/her during the game, except for Imoen in the beginning dungeon (if possible at all).

As for Yoshimo, why not unequip all his items before entering the Spellhold building? Unless you plan to fight fairly........
Old 01-30-2001, 03:08 PM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi Cloudbringer.

Sorry, can't help on your poser. Gonna hit you with one of my own I picked him back up when I returned from S.H, so he's still in my party now (nearing the end). I wondered if I'm still gonna have to fight him. I heard something about large(ish) xp for taking his heart to a temple....any clues on this? Incidentally I replaced him with Jan and have subsequently lost him (Jan) forever, still in S.H.....bet his gardens well overgrown by now.
Old 01-30-2001, 03:12 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Charlie:

Can't say from personal experience but I hear tell that at some point after Spellhold if you don't have the miserable sneaky SOB with you (that's Yoshimo, to anyone who didn't figure it out ) he is supposed to up and die on you at some point. Not sure how that works, though
Old 01-30-2001, 03:15 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Accord, thanks, I'll do that. I have no intentions of fighting fair- not with a traitor!

How the heck do people get those smiley faces with the tongue sticking out?!
Old 01-30-2001, 03:16 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hey Charlie, how did you manage to have Yoshi in your party? Did you talk to him and let him join (before he dies), then resurrect him after you left Spellhold? Or is this one of those things you romove from the override folder?
Anyways, for his heart, I think you get about 200,000 exp for bringing it to Temple of Iimater (or something like that....).
Since you are near the end (assuming Elven city) and Yoshi is in your party, I doubt you two will have to fight.
Old 01-30-2001, 03:18 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You put ":" and "p" together.
Old 01-30-2001, 03:26 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Accord!
Old 01-30-2001, 03:39 PM   #9
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi all.

Hi Accord.

Saving Yoshimo SPOILER.
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

I dumped Yoshi' @ the C.C & replaced him with Jan. Done S.H (dumping Jan for Imoen in the process) & returned to the C.C. Upon entering the C.C Yoshi' dies. As I walked in (wearing boots of speed) I immediately paused. Yoshi' is fairly close to the door. I told my guy to talk to Yoshi', unpaused and he flew over & initiated dialogue. Yoshi' then joined and promptly died. Once he's back in the party you can resurrect him & carry on as normal. Thieves are so thin on the ground that I really wanted to keep him. I traded him for Imoen & he's now lev' 20 odd so it was imho worth the effort.
Old 01-30-2001, 03:42 PM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Cool, thanks Charlie.

I was also thinking it might have something to do with some of the files in the override directory, oh well.