Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-06-2002, 08:20 AM   #31
Sio

1. People who I dont necassarily know in my college lessons, asking out of the blue, "HEy, what kind of music do you like?", just so then they can tell me what they think and to show off what they think is a unique taste in music, this mainly is done by people who like their metal music etc, what do they expect me to be wow'ed? or lok at them with awe? stupid fools.

2. Ignorant people
Old 11-06-2002, 04:13 PM   #32
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sio:
1. People who I dont necassarily know in my college lessons, asking out of the blue, "HEy, what kind of music do you like?", just so then they can tell me what they think and to show off what they think is a unique taste in music, this mainly is done by people who like their metal music etc, what do they expect me to be wow'ed? or lok at them with awe? stupid fools.

2. Ignorant people
I don't like it either when people criticize other's taste in music. I hear people all the time saying "That band sucks," well who cares? Also, I dislike it when people ask your genre, I mean, I don't stick to one particular category, I listen to what I like, not where it fits into my selection..
Old 11-06-2002, 04:56 PM   #33
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Starshadow:
There are probably going to be some people that hate me for saying this, but my biggest pet peeve is bad grammar. I hate seeing the total desecration of the written (and typed) English language, and it's sad to say, many people insist on doing it. And it's everywhere it seems, whether it's in emails, in chats, or whatever. I can understand typos and small mistakes; those things happen sometimes, especially when you're typing really fast. But it still irks me. And I know I'm not perfect either, and I really do get mad at myself when I see mistakes. But that's my biggest dislike.

I hope it doesn't discourage anyone from talking to me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Is "irks" in the English language?
Old 11-06-2002, 05:05 PM   #34
Darkman

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Yes.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:11 PM   #35
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

1) Internet Trolls. I just want to say, "Get a life."

2) Confrontational people with no respect for anyone else's opinion. Who died and made you Lord God Almighty?

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-06-2002, 07:35 PM   #36
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

I'm glad there are so many other nit-picky people that feel the same way about grammer! My mom and I are always commenting on all the typos and grammer mistakes in the books we read.
Some of my other gripes are:
1. People that play their music so loud in their car that you can hear it in your house. Especially at 4 in the morning!
2. When my moron mutt (AKA-dopey dog, Hanna) barks at anything and everything; people, my cats (that tease her), other animals, sound of cars...
3. When the radio plays more commercials than music and then play most of the same songs over and over again.
4. Passing someone in a public place and choking on the smell of their collonge. Some people, men and women, put on WAY to much.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:40 PM   #37
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
LordKathen, as most of my friends know, you'll pick up lots of new words just hanging around me. I can be a walking dictionary at times. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On the topic of loud music: I really hate it when I'm in a car with someone who has their music turned up really loud and then insist on having a conversation with you, even though you can't hear each other. A little common sense, please?
Old 11-06-2002, 07:57 PM   #38
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ornery One:
1. People that play their music so loud in their car that you can hear it in your house. Especially at 4 in the morning!
I'm part of that generation, and even I don't understand the point in this. My dad is always telling me the most important thing about driving is to be a defensive driver. These people are making themselves defenseless, and if you put that in with cellphones, you've got yourself an ensured collision.

Quote:
4. Passing someone in a public place and choking on the smell of their collonge. Some people, men and women, put on WAY to much.
I'm not a fan of collonge, mainly because I do exactly what you say. I do feel, however, women do a better job of handling the stuff. (ever see those AXEeffect commercials? hilarious how untrue they are)
Old 11-07-2002, 04:18 AM   #39
Sio

Quote:
[QB]
2. When my moron mutt (AKA-dopey dog, Hanna) barks at anything and everything; people, my cats (that tease her), other animals, sound of cars...
QB]
LOL my dog does exactly the same, he's a West Highland White Terrier and is THE most grumpy and lazy dog I know, if theres a funny looking person on TV he'll bark, if theres a quirky sound on TV he'll bark, if theres any kind of animal he see's be it on TV or not he barks, front door goes - barks. Telephone rings - he barks.
He also expects me to move out of a seat for him, and also to carry him to bed and wrap him up, he wont go to bed unless I carry him yeh see.
Talk about a picky dog
Old 11-07-2002, 07:28 AM   #40
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Idiots that have "No Fear" plastered across the windshield. Its like a billboard saying "I'm stupid"
What's wrong with billboards that say "I'm stupid"? [/QUOTE]You can tell they're telling the truth only if they have a few dents on their rear bumper [/QUOTE]Nonono, their front bumper!