Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-06-2001, 06:47 AM   #1
Ezekial
The Magister

I've just started playing as a swashbuckler, and it's pretty cool. Just wondering what are everyones favourite kits (and why)?
Old 12-06-2001, 06:57 AM   #2
Anarion

Avenger closely followed by swash buckler. although if you like kits get the darkest day cos its got 75 more!
Old 12-06-2001, 07:50 AM   #3
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

1.Stalker
2.Beserker
3.Undead Hunter
4.Kensai
Old 12-06-2001, 10:10 AM   #4
Tasselhoff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I play an Undead Hunter.

Cause I like it
Old 12-06-2001, 10:16 AM   #5
Kaleban
Manshoon

The Assassin's got style...

Of course, a dual-wielding Celestial Fury/Dakkon's Zerth Blade Kensai/Mage chunking everything in sight is quite enjoyable to...

hehehe... *WWAALLLLAAAAAAAHHHHH* = last thing a Goblin says...
Old 12-06-2001, 10:30 AM   #6
Russ
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Ezekial:
I've just started playing as a swashbuckler, and it's pretty cool

Never played a bard type... what do you enjoy in particular about the swashbuckler?
Old 12-06-2001, 11:00 AM   #7
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Swashbuckler is a thief class..
Not a bard
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:45 PM   #8
Magness
Quintesson

I've played a Swashbuckler all the way thru before. One of the great advantages of playing any theif as a PC is that it means that your party will have a good solid thief all the way through the game. Imoen will basically get the job done, but if you want to take advantage of thieving abilities, you need to play a thief PC (or add a thief to your party thru multiplayer).

What I liked about the Swashbuckler kit is that it is the best combat thief kit. I tend to like playing my PC aggressively. Swashbucklers can get their AC down pretty low. It takes a bit more work than for the standard fighter types, but it can be done. My swashy was long sword dual-wielding terror. It was also great being able to set plenty of traps when the situation warranted.

I also like the paladin Inquisitor kit. I love its special abilities, the 2x Dispel Magic especially. Once you have an Inquisitor in your party (whether its your PC or Keldorn), you don't know how you managed before.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:03 PM   #9
Eldoran
Dungeon Master

I would have to rank my top 5 favorite kits like this...

1. Avenger
I like druids alot, and the added wizard spells make the Avenger an even better stand-back caster.. How I prefer to play mine.
2. Archer
Alot of fun, with great offensive power using some of the better ammo you can find... Combine with the HLA from ToB and let rip.
3. Blade
Since I like bards alot as well, I enjoyed having the added physical combat abilities. Defensive spin is great protection while casting spells.
4. Bounty Hunter
The special traps are lots of fun IMHO, especially the Maze trap. I like to set one of those around the area I am exploring, so incase I meet an unexpected monster I can let it become mazed, only to let it be greeted by my other traps once it escapes.
5. Jester
Lots of fun to use his song in crowds of enemies, even if it is a little harder to utilize in later stages of the game
Eldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:56 PM   #10
Ezekial
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Radiant_Memphit:
Avenger closely followed by swash buckler. although if you like kits get the darkest day cos its got 75 more!

I've got it..posted about it being on PCZone a while back..the only problem with these kits is that the limitaions far outweigh the advantages...i.e nearly all the fighter style kits have a limit of splint or studded leather armour