Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-08-2002, 08:33 PM   #21
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Cerek, I'll have you know that I loved Rubik's Cube. My best time was 1 minute....

Pong was a great game!

We didn't have a Woolworth's, only a Sears. Not a real Sears, only an outlet where they sold lawn mowers, oven/ranges, and refrigerators--but they did have package pickup for your catalog orders!

The worst problem in my middle school was, dare I say it, smoking. A cigarette, that is. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Even then, it was only the really bad kids who had taken one from their dad's pack and was spoken about only in whispers.

While growing up, I actually knew who my neighbors were! Imagine that! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:34 PM   #22
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

OH! And I almost forgot! I rode the Pink Pig at Rich's, got to see the tree there, too, every year...including *sigh* ...the last year ever. Got my picture taken on Santa's lap and the Easter Bunny's every year at Macy's. And I milked Rosebud. (I still have the pin Mathis Dairies gave each child who gave a tug on poor old Rosebud. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Edit: because I just remembered, too, that *I* was the remote control for the t.v. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-08-2002, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: DragonMage ]
Old 11-08-2002, 08:38 PM   #23
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, LadyZ, when I was growing up in Kansas, my sister, cousin, and I used to leave the house early Saturday morning and ride all day. We would take fishing poles in case we came to a stream or pond. Once, we caught a bluegill and tried to cook it on my Boy Scout cooking set, but without fat to fry it, we didn't get very far. We called those "Bike Hikes." When we got home, my folks didn't even ask where we'd been, just whether we had fun. I remember going up to Woolworth's and buying a hamburger, chocolate shake, and bag of chocolate stars from the candy counter, all for less than a dollar. Yeah, we only had three channels and no color, but when we went through Ft. Smith, AR, we pitied the kids in that town, 'cause they just had one. Then, when we moved back to Texas, we actually had four! Riches!
Your sister-cousin? You sure you didn't grow up in West Virginia? [img]smile.gif[/img]

We would stop in at the Rexall Drug Store/Phamacy for comic books, and then hit the Western auto to droll all over the new fishing lures [img]smile.gif[/img]
There wasn't anyplace within bike riding distance to get junk food in our town. Just some candy at the Ben Franklin 5&10

Old 11-08-2002, 08:39 PM   #24
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:

While growing up, I actually knew who my neighbors were! Imagine that! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hey, we know our neighbors, but then we haven't caught up with big city ways. There's Mike (and Karen Davis) on my left, who thinks Galadria is cute. Nettie Smith, with her daughter and grandbaby, on my right, and two horses that live in the field behind me.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:39 PM   #25
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I somehow feel like an unopened package..
Old 11-08-2002, 08:41 PM   #26
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
OH! And I almost forgot! I rode the Pink Pig at Rich's, got to see the tree there, too, every year...including *sigh* ...the last year ever. Got my picture taken on Santa's lap and the Easter Bunny's every year at Macy's. And I milked Rosebud. (I still have the pin Mathis Dairies gave each child who gave a tug on poor old Rosebud. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Edit: because I just remembered, too, that *I* was the remote control for the t.v. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Whered you grow up DM? I had never heard of a day care till I was much older.

Old 11-08-2002, 08:45 PM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

Whered you grow up DM? I had never heard of a day care till I was much older.[/QUOTE]I grew up right here in Georgia. It was KinderCare and was 'brand new' here, I believe, when I was about 6. I was 6 & 1/2 when I started school and my parents put me in there during the week. I'd stay only til I went to school and then again after school til 6pm. After a year of it, I was miserable and they took me back out of it. Now, KinderCares are everywhere...or at least they were up until a few years ago...I think they are now on the decline.

Except for that year, I either stayed with a neighbor or by myself or with my best friend (as her mother didn't work) [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:53 PM   #28
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

No we never had any trees like that, so no fruit throwing LOL. I do remember though having a silk trees, which I miss, they are so pretty and smell so nice [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the crawdads, we caught them in a creek with no bait at all, they were everywhere LOL, and didn't seem afraid of us at all, so never swam/crawled away (which is odd cause they can really be fast! I saw so many swim backwards and just shoot out of the fishtank like rockets!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-08-2002, 08:55 PM   #29
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
No we never had any trees like that, so no fruit throwing LOL. I do remember though having a silk trees, which I miss, they are so pretty and smell so nice [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the crawdads, we caught them in a creek with no bait at all, they were everywhere LOL, and didn't seem afraid of us at all, so never swam/crawled away (which is odd cause they can really be fast! I saw so many swim backwards and just shoot out of the fishtank like rockets!
Yeah we never needed any bait, just had to scoop them up, but had to be a bit careful or get pinched. Lol the image of a flying crawdad is just too funny

Old 11-08-2002, 09:07 PM   #30
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Hey, we know our neighbors, but then we haven't caught up with big city ways.
Azred clears his throat and speaks in his best "country drawl" voice.
Ayup. Thur goes ol' Doc Attalus, drivin' that same ol' horse 'n buggy like he has fer the last twenty years. Him 'n the missus ur right friendly folks, y'know.

[img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.