Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 07:56 AM   #11
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by 250:
my friend has suicidal tendency. I am calling the police (annoymously) to get her professional help tomorrow. then I am sending her flowers as well as flying back to see her.

just pray for her well being please
her name is Gina

thank you

Is she talking about it alot 250? If she is don't feed into it just get some help for her. Its not normal to have these tendencys..or use it as a weapon of control even if she doesn't mean it(??). She has my prayers. What is going on over there?
Old 01-29-2002, 08:35 AM   #12
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Already e-mailed you, baby, with suggestions. Keep us posted on what happens........

Mom
Old 01-29-2002, 08:41 AM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I was there once myself, Leo. When I was 16. And a good friend of mine called the police to my house and rushed over there herself.

I was furious at her at first, but after a few days of reflection, I realized that she only wanted to help and that was the only way she could. She's still one of my dearest friends.

Be strong and do what you need to do, hon. She'll thank you eventually even if she's mad at first.

*hugs*

e-mail me or PM me if you need anything, okay. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And my thoughts and prayers go out to her and you both.

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: DragonMage ]

[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:46 AM   #14
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

I don't usually pray but I will for her..(she'll have to share with Garnet's son though )
I hope she gets okay, and you did the absolute right thing about the police, man..
She should be happy to have a friend like you (she probarbly is too [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 01-29-2002, 10:27 AM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

*hugs* Leo, will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers... good luck
Old 01-29-2002, 10:47 AM   #16
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Hey, she'll have my prayers.

And you're doing the right thing by getting her help. I was on the brink of suicide once too, and like DragonMage I was very angry at the friend who helped me for interfering with my plans, but later I realized that she did the best thing she could do for me at the time.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:04 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thank you, everyone. thank you A WHOLE BUNCH

I just have a technical question

if a person does not actually plan to suicide but has thoughts or subconcious thoughts, would the police do anything about it?

where can I get professional help?

thanks once more
Old 01-29-2002, 11:09 AM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

just a quick bump before I leave
Old 01-29-2002, 12:12 PM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by 250:
thank you, everyone. thank you A WHOLE BUNCH

I just have a technical question

if a person does not actually plan to suicide but has thoughts or subconcious thoughts, would the police do anything about it?

where can I get professional help?

thanks once more

250 I think most teenagers have felt suicidal or THOUGHT they felt suicidal at some point. It obviusly more serious for Gina, but I'm saying if the police would try to help all of them, they'd have no time for anything else. So if someone just thinks suicidal thoughts, I don't think that's enough for the police. Now I don't know the situation in your country so I hope someone else will respond but there have got to be hotlines where you live that you can call for advice. There are probably specific phone-lines and help-organisations for suicidal teenagers - maybe you could check the yellow pages or ask a doctor/psychiatrist. It's sad but as long as there's no acute threat of suicide, it would be impossible to put the person in hospital or under surveillance. It may be just suicidal thoughts, but not an acute threat. So that's why I think at this point the best you can do is find out as much as you can about how to help suicidal people, how to talk to them (through a doctor/helpline), and keep an eye out for warning signs.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:33 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Mel, thanks once more. thats exactly what I am doing now.
I talked to my college conculor (I know it sounds weird, but she is a VERY clsoe friend), and I made an appointment with student conciuling service. some woman specialized in dealing with this kind staff will be seeing me in 3 hours.

I am holding on to the calling police thing. I may call 911 and get Suicidle Prevention Center and ask for advice. then I am calling her local police and ask how they deal with this.

anyway, thank you very much... not sure if I can do all these, but it is what I gota do.