Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-16-2001, 04:09 PM   #21
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I loved a girl once long ago, mistakes were made and to this day I'd like to kick her slut-ass off a C-130 (a military transport plane) without a parachute. I dream of the day I should happen by some blind luck to be driving down the road and see her on the sidewalk and splatter the bitch all over the road. Thankfully I'm not bitter about how she sucked every penny I had (and every guy she met-not money she sucked)and put me in ruin for years. See? I've gotten over it!
Old 08-16-2001, 04:24 PM   #22
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I loved a girl once long ago, mistakes were made and to this day I'd like to kick her slut-ass off a C-130 (a military transport plane) without a parachute. I dream of the day I should happen by some blind luck to be driving down the road and see her on the sidewalk and splatter the bitch all over the road. Thankfully I'm not bitter about how she sucked every penny I had (and every guy she met-not money she sucked)and put me in ruin for years. See? I've gotten over it!
LoA, I am truly humbled to be in the presence of one so forgiving. May your refreshingly frank post act as a beacon of reason to us all

May the Good Lord bless your next meeting with this remarkable woman......

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 08-16-2001).]
Old 08-16-2001, 04:30 PM   #23
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Thank you Mouse
Old 08-16-2001, 10:20 PM   #24
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
*Rolling on the floor giggling fit to pee!* Oh that was priceless!!

GO LOFA GO!!!!

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 08-16-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 04:29 AM   #25
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

while i debated that all of us MIGHT (and i say MIGHT!!) be better off without LOVE, i believe that all of us have to live through it to understand it. we were built to find love (while in scientific point of view: chemistry) we cannot change the fact we are meant to search for love. i say in general for all that love indeed is for all people and touches everyone. all though love touches us, its outcome is different mainly because of so many variables, social, hereditary and behavioral aspects that gives off almost an infinite result. although some are good while some are bad, some accept it while some cant. its the hard truth that love will always be in our hearts searching for another lover (whether sexually or not).

to bilquis
i am not going to say sorry for you because i believe that would be rather an insult to you since you have already accepted the fact without hesistation. but rather, i admire how you are able to give off an aura of wisdom in you sayings and your acceptance to the situation. cheers and hope things go all the more better for you.

to lord of alchohol.
LOL !!!

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 08-17-2001, 04:42 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinslayer:
But surely if you hadn't loved in the first place you wouldn't know what you were missing so you wouldn't feel any hurt? I've been through a lot of bad things in my life for someone who's only just turned 24 yet nothing has ever made me feel as wretched as rejection from the opposite sex. As a result of this I've decided that life is more enjoyable without relationships of that sort. To have feelings that overwhelm you and drive you to do things you normally wouldn't consider only to realise they're not returned is something I can do without in my life.

[This message has been edited by Kinslayer (edited 08-16-2001).]
The way i see it is:

To love means to accept the extremes. To enjoy the highs you have to suffer through the lows. Not loving at all is to take the middle ground - spare yourself pain but deny yourself happiness. And which road you take is totally up to you and what you want to get out of life.

I'm 28 and I've been through some VERY rough patches in my life - but I wouldn't trade them in for the world if it meant I had to give up on the euphoria I've also experienced.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 03:51 PM   #27
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
If you open a beerbottle and the top shoot towards your eye
you are hurt
no matter if you love or not...

Rikard............... I love you!!!
You crack me up!!
Yes, like the Genie asked...are you a relative of Confucius??

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 08-17-2001, 07:46 PM   #28
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Rikard............... I love you!!!
You crack me up!!
Yes, like the Genie asked...are you a relative of Confucius??

eh...

------------------

Old 08-18-2001, 12:59 PM   #29
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think that the question is rather moot. We may think that we can somehow go through life avoiding love, but that is impossible. We will LOVE at somepoint someone in our lives. And with love comes inherent risks which are unavoidable. It is part of the universal human experience.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB