Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-15-2003, 03:03 AM   #11
philip
Galvatron

I don't know if this is because of the patch but I noticed something weird. When I make an magical amulet and give it a special name, like mine was called Orator's Medaillon. This makes the item indentified at once. The tag is OratorsMedaillon as it should be, but the ResRef is "item" and not a shorter tag without capitals. I tried it with other items too but those had the same problem. The only thing that helps is creating a general item, so I called mine necklace, and make it identified after that. The tag is necklace now, but it's annoying and I can't remember having troubles with this before so it might be the patch.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 10:09 AM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

So...what you are saying is that any and all customized items that I build will automatically be defaulted to "identified", and the only way to not have it do so is to call it a general name like "Necklace".

Sounds like a confusion in the scripting where an item would be called "Necklace" in unidentified state, and then resort to it's given name once the identify spell had been cast. Obviously, it cannot go by it's given name and be unidentified...so this sounds like a mix-up in the name change of an item upon ID. Not my strong-point. I gotta let somebody else examine that.

Looking forward to the answer.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:52 AM   #13
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
So...what you are saying is that any and all customized items that I build will automatically be defaulted to "identified", and the only way to not have it do so is to call it a general name like "Necklace".
I don't know if it's for all items. Only way it has the right resref is general name and unidentified.

I have an unpatched game on this computer so I tried it out with 1.29.

-new item
-name: Orator's Medaillon, Magical 1-5, low quality
-create in special 1, launch item properties

-resref is "oratorsmedaillon"
screenshot

Now I patched it:

-new item
-name: Orator's Medaillon, Magical 1-5, low quality
-create in special 1, launch item properties

-resref is "item
screenshot

I've sent an email to Bioware about this since it seems to be an 1.30 issue.

[ 06-15-2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: philip ]
Old 06-15-2003, 10:58 AM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

DAMN IT! I wish they would get the 'auto download' hakpak support! This ONE thing, would allow more people want to add special custom stuff to their mods.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 11:29 AM   #15
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Sorry this was something other I did, instead of putting the item in the special 1 I put it in Amulet to see if that was the problem that's were that came from
Old 06-15-2003, 11:52 AM   #16
philip
Galvatron

Some further testing turns out that every item I create with 'Orator' in it gives 'item' resref while other names are okay and give a proper resref. Really strange, if it wasn't for that I could give the item that name with a good resref in 1.29, I would have been seriously doubting about myself
Old 06-15-2003, 03:31 PM   #17
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well the auto-hakpak won't be added till a later patch it seems. They're running behind badly.

Also, since this is a beta and anyone who uses it is, in effect a 'beta-tester' try to report any bugs you find to the address given by bioware.

Checked out the patch last night, the Pit fiend and Hobgoblin are ok but um..kinda cheap since it's just a re-skin of the Balor and Orc avatars. Didn't have time to test much more though but I see they finally moved their asses to fix alot of bugs that we've endured up till now. Why do they wait until they're releasing an expansion to finally even start addressing the numerous age-old bugs in the original game...*sigh* wouldn't have anything to do with money would it..?

[ 06-15-2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 06-16-2003, 02:16 PM   #18
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

It looks like Beta 2 of 1.30 is out. I have not played with the Beta's and since the game releases in two days I am just holding off. The thing that gets me is should they not have done this weeks ago? Is not SoU releasing with 1.30 as part of the expansion? OK brain hurts now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 02:48 PM   #19
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

The beta has expired! We should have a new patch anytime now! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 02:56 PM   #20
philip
Galvatron

the Beta2 has been released. SoU is version 1.30 and patch 1.30 will be released afterwards AFAIK.