Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2001, 02:23 AM   #21
CyberPixie

I visited Heuristic Park's site before I started coming here, and I never noticed it to be full of trouble-makers or anything of the sort. The information and the banter I get here is much better, so I spend most of my time here, but I still pop in every once in a while over there.

Anyway, really, the point of this post is to ask what has gone on over there that makes the prospect of HP shutting down the site and the posters coming over here so frightening? Maybe I missed the point of Saz's post, but I was just curious why everyone is so wary....Is it just the prospect of a HUGE amount of posters flooding in all at once looking for help?

And before anyone gets bent out of shape and thinks I'm trying to start trouble or bring up any bad feelings from what has happened on GD over the past week, I am NOT trying to start trouble or get anyone riled up. I'm just curious
Old 05-31-2001, 05:18 AM   #22
u_u
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well,the URL to this msgboard has been posted/emailed ALLOT of times from the HP board. So I don't think anything is going to change since nearly everyone that posts on the HP board, also posts here.

BTW, almost nobody uses the HP msg boards, & I doubt it has more than a few dozen users.

[This message has been edited by u_u (edited 05-31-2001).]
u_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 05:19 AM   #23
skywalker
Banned User

CyberPixie
Most of the flames were posted at the technical forum at the HPI site, some of it was pretty bad and it was poorly moderated. The discussion side was usually pretty good and helpful. On the tech side, it was perfectly fine to bash HPI and Activision, giving no quarter. If you defended them you were abused and bashed also. Just look at the 2nd and 3rd pages if your really interested.

Just my view.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 05:25 AM   #24
u_u
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Most of the flamers on the 3rd page are allready members here........
u_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 08:21 AM   #25
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
hhhmmmm what kind of posters are they ? a friendly bunch, or "flamers and trolls"?

will we be doing lot of handslapping and Terms Of Service reminding?
should we start a netiquette thread?
What should we expect?
I'm sure they will be friendly, W&W is a more mature game IMO, so they should be cool .

We have great moderators too, so we'll kill any trolls that pop up.

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks
Old 05-31-2001, 08:33 AM   #26
Conan

Thank you moderators, and good people for makeing this forum fresh and fun. I know you would not let anyone ruin it. I dont know what happened last week ..and don't understand why anyone would want to ruin a disscussion forum..? I will be here supporting you all.
Conan
Old 05-31-2001, 11:21 AM   #27
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hiya,

There is a god...I'm so glad they are taking that site down. Its really sad that some people have nothing better to do than complain about something. Good riddance!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 11:43 AM   #28
CyberPixie

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
CyberPixie
Most of the flames were posted at the technical forum at the HPI site, some of it was pretty bad and it was poorly moderated. The discussion side was usually pretty good and helpful. On the tech side, it was perfectly fine to bash HPI and Activision, giving no quarter. If you defended them you were abused and bashed also. Just look at the 2nd and 3rd pages if your really interested.

Just my view.

Mark
Thanks for the info, skywalker! I really didn't visit the technical forum too much, so I guess I would have missed all that. It's a shame that people feel the need to behave like that anywhere...much less on an internet forum.

Old 05-31-2001, 06:16 PM   #29
axel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've posted a couple times on HPI's technical forum and read through a bunch of the posts. Clearly, since it's a technical forum, people who post there are having problems with the many *bugs* and *fatal errors* the game gives on some systems, such as mine experiencing the desktop crash. These people are NOT happy campers and the general tone of the forum can be expected to be negative, especially since HPI hasn't responded to any of the posts since early January.

I'm sure that if I could get the game running I would be much more positive about it, but as it is I can't see myself buying Activision again. Keep in mind that the only workable advice I've seen towards my specific problem, which many people on the HPI technical forum have, is reformat the hard drive and start all over. Utterly ridiculous and impractical for someone who has many gigs of software installed!!

Activision really needs to get their act together and listen to some of the complaints on that technical forum.

Ritesh
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 07:11 PM   #30
skywalker
Banned User

Course, being angry with HPI and Activision doesn't make flaming posters right either. I recall being accused as a planted operative for Activision for claiming that the game ran fine on my computer and then being bashed to bits over it. (I don't work for them...I wish).

Mark

skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote