Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-06-2001, 03:12 PM   #31
Mortis Metacarpus

Hmm. I'm not sure who to spam so I'll put up all the addresses I found attached to the article on Infogrames' website. Does anyone have any ideas about which to use?

Infogrames Press relations

ekrishnamurthy@us.infogrames.com%20
trichardson@us.infogrames.com%20

Infogrames Investor relations

jmenditto@us.infogrames.com%20

Hasbro Press relations

wcharness@hasbro.com

Hasbro Investor relations

kwarren@hasbro.com

Old 01-06-2001, 03:46 PM   #32
Khell

One thing to point out:
The original editorial detailing the overtake by Hasbro indicated that WOTC would continue to be run by a separate company, so it is possible that they will recognize the commercial success of the Infinity Engine game series.

If they were to give up on plain old CRPGs for Onliners like EQ, that would suck. I played EQ for a month or two, and it sucks. Beautiful graphics and killing the same MOB a few million times to level up. BORING!

Old 01-06-2001, 04:24 PM   #33
Mortis Metacarpus

True, they don't own WOTC, but they now own all rights to ELECTRONIC D&D merchandise, ie. all computer games. I guess it's possible that bioware will be allowed to make 'em, but I doubt blackisle as a branch of interplay will.

Old 01-07-2001, 12:08 AM   #34
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

But bioware is free right?
they have the right ot go to shiney or something right?
Old 01-07-2001, 12:09 AM   #35
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

But bioware is free right?
they have the right ot go to shiney or something right?
Old 01-07-2001, 12:19 AM   #36
Archlich Azuth

Black isles say they single handledy brought rpgs back from the grave and i for one don't think they proudeced titles like fallout, bladur gate and other just to let it sink. besides fallout 3 comming soon and they just up it own site i don't think they let the go just like that not were still buying. besides what left but usthe faniel fanstany seris has ended ans has ulmatia. people have to buy them now.

Old 01-07-2001, 12:45 AM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes. Black Isle may have been the resuurector of D&D games, but still hold no right, whatsoever with the license of D&D which is with WotSC and WotSC is with Hasbro, meaning Hasbro can make all the moves. Hasbro made this agreement with Infogrames, they still hold the license, but WotSC can not make any further contracts with Interplay, the Black Isle's father company due to the fact that only Infogrames now, has the sole right to do so. And from what I see, As per the past agreement on which Black Isle is making D&D games, licensed by WotSC, and also linked with the grapchics? company, Bioware. It seems that the contract is WotSC will allow B.I. to continue making D&D games, and Bioware will carry on with the programming. BUT, it also seems that their contract, or, WotSC, Hasbro in this matter, can revoke, at any time, their approval of B.I., and thus cannot make any more D&D games. BG3 and the like are only still in perspective and planning, no solid move to be specific. And the contract links the three companies right? NWN looks like the last game that they have made upon, therefore, the contract so to speak, is in the option of not being renewed or WotSC can look for other companies. Unfortunately, Hasbro found a new friend, Infogrames.

This means that Infogrames can make all the big moves bout the future of D&D gaming, and since Infogrames may or may not choose B.I. as the gaming company to make it, Bioware can make its own moves. As said in the site, it has agreed with Lucasarts. All I can say is that the future of D&D games will never be the same again.

I think we will expect to see star wars with interface same as BG... hehe

It is still a bad day for everybody... I love the BG series, Torment, and maybe even NWN...

There is still hope for everyone though... Infogrames, can still link up with B.I., and B.I. can still link with Bioware, there is still a chance of BG3 with the same propriators, but I think it is unlikely.

As far as I can see it, Infogrames has the all-say to the matter. They hold the right to produce D&D games, and Hasbro is only there to comply...
Old 01-07-2001, 12:49 AM   #38
Archlich Azuth

damn!!!!!!!!!!! Monkey iland in D&D...... if they dare i'll fly the thier hq and go postal on them!

Old 01-07-2001, 03:41 AM   #39
bocaj

this sucks

if d&d is no more revenge will be had ^

Old 01-07-2001, 03:42 AM   #40
bocaj

oops I mean

this sucks