Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2000, 04:31 AM   #11
Kalg

Ok... This is my first time posting, but since I just beat the game I thought I would lend a helping hand...

The liches (Elemental and Shade) that you find in Amn are two guardians. The golden arms and torso that you find actually belong to a third lich... and he kicks ass. Seriously, don't even try to complete this quest until you are seriously tanked. You can find him in the docks district. The problem is that he isn't just a lich. I have no problem stomping on those timestopping losers but this guy turns into a demi-lich. The name doesn't begin to describe how bad ass this guy is. You can only hit him with +4 or +5 weapons I think and when you do you only take off like 3 hp each time you hit him. On top of that he slings imprisonment spells faster than the lone ranger. There is no save and if your main guy gets hit it is curtains. I summoned like three skeletal warriors and a pit fiend and was lucky enough to have them all imprisoned before he took out Minsc. I nailed him though and had a freedom scroll handy and got Boo and Minsc back. Seriously though... this is a tough damn battle. You get the single best item in the game though from him. A ring which allows improved haste 3/day, invisibility, magic resistance and faster casting I think. Don't mess with this guy until you have the underdark behind you and some serious equipment. Hope this helps.
Kal

Old 12-05-2000, 04:35 AM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Thanks Kalg!

Yep, I noticed he was a serios bad ass..
Well what is his part in this whole story then? Well perhaps IŽll find that out bur then probably work will be left behind
Damn but I love this game!