Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 10-24-2001, 09:06 PM   #1
Dreadnought
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Whenever I try to create a multiplayer game, my computer locks-up, and I have to reboot. I chose a character, selected TCP/IP, click create game, and chose a name, password, etc. However when I click the 'New Game' button, my computer freezes up. I've tried downloading the patch, but it didn't help. Any ideas?
Thanks again,
Dreadnought
Dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 01:26 AM   #2
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome Dreadnought!

What type of internet connection do you have? I've heard from many, and experienced myself, that it is almost impossible to get a TCP/IP multiplayer game to work with a dial-up modem. If you have something other than a dial-up, let us know your system specs, and see if we can work from there.

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 09:42 AM   #3
Dreadnought
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am using a Cox@home cable modem, my friend is too. I was able to get a little further if I chose serial instead of TCP/IP, but I ran into another problem: I was at a window where you chose what characters you want in your group to start off with, however the 'Done' button was never highlighted, only 'Log Out'. I tried filling all the spaces with characters (even though I only wanted to start with 2) but 'Done' never lit up. Should I just try to connect with my friend over gamespy instead?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Dreadnought
Dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 06:08 AM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

I was told once that the freezing problem happens if any of you has a firewall running. Anyway im not sure if its true, coz when i tried to play with 2 friends, neither of us had a firewall and we always got the freezing

------------------
"Captive, captive... captive in heaven" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 09:42 PM   #5
CuteCotton
Elite Waterdeep Guard

do you have the directx8 patch? get it @ www.bioware.com make you patch it too, i think thats' yoru problem, since it does freeze if you dont' ahve teh dx8 patch ^^

O.o*cutecotton*o>O
CuteCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 10:23 PM   #6
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Try the following protocol:

ToSC v.5512

ToSC patch http://www.interplay.com/support/bgtales/patch.html
directX8 http://www.microsoft.com/directx/homeuser/downloads
directX8 patch http://www.interplay.com/support/bgtales/patch.html

no Roger Wilco
no firewall (either temporarily disable or configure ports as indicated)
You can MP with Dark Side installed but everyone playing has to have it. If only one or some has it this will cause problems.

I would recommend saving a new game at the point the main character appears in front of Winthorp's Inn. Then open that game in multiplayer; TCP/IP mode. When players join simply assign them slots in the arbitration screen. If everyone has the same setup above it should work fine.

Lemernis is offline   Reply With Quote