Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-06-2005, 12:23 AM   #41
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

C'mon, Stormy... everyone else is sharing! And maybe if you do, Attalus will try to top it [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:45 AM   #42
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Com on Stormy post yours.

Mine is from My dog.

One day When I was taking my clothes off the washing line I noticed one of my socks were missing (big tube sock) Thinking I mustn't have washed it I went back inside.

The next day I hear my dog yelping and barking in the backyard (sounded like he was in pain) So I go out side and there is my dog trying to go to the toilet. However what was comming out was my sock. Filled like a sausage.

Must have hurt him like hell to get that out of him. Never the less he got it out and I threw it in the bin. He has NEVER taken a sock off the line since
Old 01-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #43
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

fine, just remember you asked for it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

this is an ongoing problem, will explain at the end...
when I had my son, I had an infection that wrapped around the uterus, causing me to go into premature labor. He was delivered by Emergency C-section, and the doctor on call placed a drain in my abdomen. well, going for my check up, my doctor removed the drain, leaving the infection inside me with no way to come out. After a week of it building, we finally convinced my doctor something was wrong with me, he then admitted me into the hospital and found that I had a staph infection in the wound it's self. so he put me on drip antibiotics, which worked at first. but after two weeks in the hospital, something was not right. so my briliant doctor calls in another doctor. the new doctor did everything right, he sent me for a CT scan, found the infection had spread and wrapped around my intestines as well as the ovaries and falopian tubes. he then sent me back down to the CT scan to have a drain put in. after an hour of trying, and me begging them to stop, my husband pacing outside listening to it the entire time, they decided the infection was too deep and too hardly packed to insert the tube, resulting in my having to have another surgery. after the operation was completed, I had lost one ovary and falopian tube to this infection. the worse part was they had to leave the newest cut open. the wound had to be packed twice a day by my husband for about 5 months until it finally healed up. when Destiny was born, I had a blood clot that formed at the bottom of the vertical scar from her C-section, resulting in my having another open wound to pack twice a day. the last scar did not heal like it was supposed to, so now instead of having one long scar holding my tummy closed, I have a split section that is covered by a thin layer of scar tissue, when held together, the gap is about an inch deep.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:15 AM   #44
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Filled like a sausage... T-D-C, you've just ruined many future meals for me [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Stormy, you're right -- I asked for it. That almost sounds like a 1-800-CALL-SAM case, that it took so long to get to the real problem.

*edit* darn backwards smilie tags... *grumble*

[ 01-06-2005, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #45
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:

Mine is from My dog.

One day When I was taking my clothes off the washing line I noticed one of my socks were missing (big tube sock) Thinking I mustn't have washed it I went back inside.

The next day I hear my dog yelping and barking in the backyard (sounded like he was in pain) So I go out side and there is my dog trying to go to the toilet. However what was comming out was my sock. Filled like a sausage.

Must have hurt him like hell to get that out of him. Never the less he got it out and I threw it in the bin. He has NEVER taken a sock off the line since
Wow!!! What a convenient way to get out of poop scooping!!! Your dog comes with its own container!!!

One of the things I like about winter is you can step in crap and it doesn't get all over the bottom of your shoe as the turds are frozen. Once I had a big clump that I went to the office with without realizing it. Getting it off was a horror story. I feel bad for the janitors of the building I work in that day, quite embarrassing for me too.

[ 01-06-2005, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #46
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

I was eating when I opened this thread..

I'm still eating.

Finished.

I remember when I had my apendix out, I was at school, boarding school if you must know, it was wednessday.. Threw up a little bit, nothing too bad..

Thursday, side was a little sore halfway though the day, but we had PE so was probably just that..

Friday, owwieee, can't walk right it hurts to ly down, gotta stand up.. No they want me to do the sports day, no can't you tell I'm sick you fools..

Went home for the weekend, got home about 5pm, was still feeling under the weather, could no walk up the stair I felt so bad.. Slept on the sofa bed downstairs..

Saturday morning, feeling better though everyone now says I should see a doctor cause I look sick.. I don't feel too sick anymore, side hurts less now..

Saturday midday, doctors office, look's at my side where I said it hurts, there's a largish bulge that I'd not noticed, it's a little sensitive.. He send's me to the hospital..

Saturday afternoon, hospital say's they are gonna cut my apendix out but the anathessiologist is not there.. They say I should be fine..

Saturday late afternoon, injection in my arm and comments on how pale I look, it's somthing to do with the operation..

Saturday night, finaly the operation starts, some six hours after I first arrived in hospital, more stuff in the arm and they gass me, or try to ended up counting to 50 backwards before I dropped off..

Sunday morning, pumped full of muscle relaxants to keep me from pulling stiches..

Sunday midday, wake up nurse offers me painkillers, I refuse, it don't hurt at all, well appart from the place where they cut me..

and that's the story of my appendix, I'm told that the cutter said it burst after it was removed, so I was very very lucky.. Though I got put on one of them blippy machines (grey as a ghost they say)
Old 01-07-2005, 11:30 AM   #47
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Can't contend with Blunderbuss or stormy, but I've had a habit (not intentional) of just messing myself up physically thru-out life (can't say appropiate words for "messing myself up" (F- you know the rest) as it will get me banned in a heartbeat)

Anyhow, I've held a few different jobs in my lifetime and one was as a cook for this bar not to far from my momma house. Well, one day I was doing the usual stuff, prepping some salad stuff and I was chopping lettuce. I also was thinkin' about the hottie bartender that worked there. THIS IS NOT A GOOD COMBINATION. I chopped the top 1/4 inch of my thumb almost clean off on my left hand, and had to go to the hospital to get it taken care of. There they stuck a needle into it and numbed it, then cleaned it, and sewed it back together. I got to see the inside of my own thumb (the white fatty interior was rather strange and alien looking, but I never had a problem with blood.... (needles a little, but not blood)). I never knew they could use the needle to sew thru a thumbnail, but they did. To this day, the tip of my thumb has no feeling.

The only other time that I recall as being kinda gross is when I had to go to the hospital to have a cyst removed frmo inside my nose. I was 7, so I don't remember any details really except throwing up a bunch of blood. The worst part of that was not the look or the smell.... but how it felt.

As a kid I was always jumping my bike and other daredevil stuff, so I got various scars all over, but cannot remember anything else (too many knocks to the head??? maybe).
anyhow, THIS is good posting. [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] We need more stuff like this.

SilentThief
Old 01-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #48
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:

Mine is from My dog.

But can you still wear the sock ?

[ 01-07-2005, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 01-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #49
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

SilentThief, I can so identify with that. I was a pro chef for years too, and I've chopped the very tip of my left thumb off at least 3 or 4 times. Every time, while chopping heads of lettuce. There's just something evil about the combination of a just slightly dull knife and a whole head of lettuce. That's why I always buy the bag salad nowadays.

AFA gross stories, well, I can tell you a million kitchen related ones. But there is one that sticks out most.

I was working at a big Hotel/Banquet facility, and we were getting ready for a big party. One of the assistant cooks was slicing steaks off a rib roast. He had the meat slicer(identical to the ones you see in deli's) set to cut 1 1/2" slices. He was working his way through a pile of roasts, and the rest of the kitchen was busy with preparations for a big banquet.

Well, at some point, someone was carrying a large tub of oil from one end of the kitchen to the other, and it was leaking, leaving a small trail of oil all over the floor. I was walking by with a stack of baking sheets, so that I could load the steaks onto them and get them ready for grilling. As you probably guessed, I hit the oil, lost my footing, fell into the guy, and *ZIP*, there went his thumb. He started screaming, obviously going into shock. I scrambled up, whipped off my apron, and clamped my hand and apron around the stump. The soux chef managed to find the thumb, we packed it in ice, several of us carried the guy(who had passed out about the time that I grabbed his hand and applied pressure) out to the hotel van, and we got him and his thumb to the hospital.

Fortunately, we got him there in time and the thumb was re-attachable. It was always a lot stiffer than before, and he had some trouble with holding things, but he was ok overall. Lucky for me, he never blamed me, so we remained friends. He was ready to kill the guy with the oil container though.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 01-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #50
Animal
Gold Dragon

Fishnet speedos with a racing stripe