Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-29-2004, 09:02 AM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Light Bulb

Looks like we get harder hit by any folks in this world not to forget the locale peoples we from Scandinavia is hurt HARD this time and the goverments looks like they are do nothing in this case or the best they can are the UE or USA planes to help? Or must we do this all by uour self? We know we can do it without any help from you but more peoples would die that way my brother is there have not heard from him in two weeks so this is importantnt right now he was in Pucket in Thailand...
Have not seen any help from the US on the news but i'm sure they do thier best but we dont hear anything about it if they help sorry for that!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:20 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Im sorry to hear that, I do hope your brother is allright.
The news hear tells us that our government has spent over 25 million dollars on aid that is being flown over there now, but I to have no idea what other countries are doing.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #3
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Try googling before accusing the US of not helping...

Link

Not to mention that *WE* tried to warn the countries over there that the tsunami was coming, but there was a lot of trouble getting through to the appropriate government agencies to let them know AND with no warning systems in place even had they known it was coming most of the countries hit couldn't have gotten their people out of harm's way in time.

[ 12-29-2004, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Lady Sedai ]
Old 12-29-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
The Dutch are doing all they can as well, besides money, food and medicine, humanitarian workers are out in the field all over the place. And i'm sure other countries are doing the same.

Sorry to hear about your bro, i hope he's alright.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I heard on the news last night as I was flipping channels to find something to watch was that it has been reported that we would probably end up putting in a billion dollars. I don't know the source or anything like that. I am surprised we'd have that much if we are spending so much on war, but I do hope that we can make a difference and help considerably, no matter what the check is made out for.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:37 AM   #6
Absynthe

I just heard that the aircraft carrier USS Abrahan Lincoln and it's support group are heading to the area for relief work. It's based here in Washington state, so it will probably take a week(?) to get there. That should help with logistics, or so I would assume.
There's a lot of work to be done to get this under control, and every nation is going to feel the impact of this disaster for years to come.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:58 AM   #7
Megabot

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
Try googling before accusing the US of not helping...

Link

Not to mention that *WE* tried to warn the countries over there that the tsunami was coming, but there was a lot of trouble getting through to the appropriate government agencies to let them know AND with no warning systems in place even had they known it was coming most of the countries hit couldn't have gotten their people out of harm's way in time.
I have not for any time for any Google thingy we want the ansver NOW not to morrorv and i have NOT accused the US for anything i ASK what have they done bcause the news here is terible we dont know how the rest of the world are doing this is the worst catastrofe since world W II for us and hundreds are peoples die every hour here ...so no harm to the US they sure do their best but we dont hear anything about it dammit >

EDIT by T-D-C: Please do not try to hide swearing. We knows its bad and frustrating no need for that language.

[ 12-30-2004, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 12-29-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I hope you hear from your brother soon Megabot.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #9
Megabot

He is in pretty good chape now Johnny and Wendy but he are on a tour on the mountain thingy so he se the whole thing from distance but he use the satelite phone because "nothing" work down there he says and "dead" peoples floating in the river's arround him and the smell is terible he will trie to camp in the hills for several days so that the case will slow down so he and his wife can get a plane home, thank god they dont have any children.

Anyway i hope ALL folks get help ASAP the locale peoples and the folks who live here! And i think the world do thier best we are NOT prepared for this kinda catastrofe we only se it on the movies but this is REAL and that make it wery hard to do anything about it.

I thank the US, EU and the rest of the countrys who trie to help i'm sure they do their best!

[ 12-29-2004, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 12-29-2004, 11:34 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Ah, so he's okay then. Thank goodness for satelite phones eh ? I guess all other communication systems are down there right now.

[ 12-29-2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]