Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #21
Animal
Gold Dragon

Back in my RCMP days, I remember a young girl about 17 who took X. Figured she could fly and jumped off of a 16 story balcony.

Seen way to many people OD, and way to much "enhanced" X.

If you want to end up dead, then go ahead. Just think about the other people in your life first.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Taken plenty of XTC over the years, the REAL XTC, not to be confused with the crap that passes for XTC nowadays. Today you shouldn't be surprised if your pills contain elephant tranquilizers, or nothing else but amphetamine. That's why you can have your XTC tested at the entrance of some of the main party events here in the Netherlands, and i strongly advice everyone to do so, if you don't wanna drop dead in the middle of the dancefloor. There's stuff outthere that kills young healthy people, can't take any chances anymore.

In the days when XTC still did what it is supposed to do (which is make you feel extremely happy and good inside, and horny as well since it originally is a lust enhancing drug), i sold it on parties all over the Netherlands. Back in those days you could charge people 50 Guilders for just one pill, instead of the handfull of pills you get for 5 €, and you would be high ALL NIGHT LONG of just one pill. Nowadays people swallow them like candy, and it doesn't even have the effect it should have.

I've had my fair share of real XTC, but immediately put a stop to it once the sleezy pushers took over. I still enjoy the feeling of being high, but it's not worth dying for. What's on the market today ISN'T XTC, and whatever it is, i don't want that crap in my body.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #23
Niadh
Elminster

Never tried it, don't plan too. But I am not against it. If someone wants to take it, let them. Pretty much my opinion on most drugs. I know where to get it relatively clean, as I do with many things. Had offers of it on the cheap (and being vouched as clean) but passsed it up.

Male, 19.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 12-12-2004, 09:20 PM   #24
Aerich
Lord Ao

Against it. It's illegal, but more importantly, as johnny said you don't know what's in it, and I've heard bad things about it. I'm clean, and I intend to stay that way. I'd turn it down, and have before.

Male, 23.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:56 PM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
Against it. It's illegal, but more importantly, as johnny said you don't know what's in it, and I've heard bad things about it. I'm clean, and I intend to stay that way. I'd turn it down, and have before.

Male, 23.
That's why i think it's good you can have your pills examined overhere. You can come up with all kinds of laws to scare people, but they will take em regardless. And here they have at least a chance to find out what exactly they just bought. If only all people were smart enough to actually use that opportunity, then we wouldn't hear how one or two teenagers were found dead on a party in the news all the time.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #26
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I have never tried and at my point in my life I would never take it. When I was younger it was just the bud and beer.

Now a days you have no clue what you are taking. But lets say that it is good stuff and you want to try it there is not much I can do to stop you. I would just hope that you have anough sense not to take it. The first fact that it is illegal. And the next is that it could kill you.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #27
Absynthe

Ecstasy has an upside, insofar as it can be used clinically in the treatment of some mental disorders. However, much of what is available is dangerous, and it can easily be abused to the point of personal injury. As always, knowledge and discipline are critical to recreational use of any drug.
I wouldn't use what's available today.
Male 38

Old 12-13-2004, 12:01 AM   #28
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Against it. I've tried my share of drugs in the past, and most haven't done much for me. Now, that could be because I haven't had enough, or because it takes a lot to have an impact on me. From my experiences with alcohol, a lot is required. In fact, I never found my limit for drinking in college (but I sure as heck did look for it).

My family has lots of good stories about who lost what, and who did what, while under the influence. I have no interest in becoming another chapter in the book.

Male, 38.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:03 AM   #29
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I wouldn't take it at all, although I recognise that it is not as bad as some other drugs available. Like some have said, the risk with taking any drug is that it is not pure, but as well as that, you can't know exactly what your body can take so I wouldn't take the risk.

Re not drinking, that is so true. I've heard that one thing that is critical when taking ecstasy is drinking lots of water because it dehydrates you, which of course, alcohol will exacerbate. Many clubs have stopped making water available for free, even making taps in bathrooms only hot so people can't drink water from there, to make people buy bottled water. Which is really bad considering how much drug use goes on in clubs.

Female, 23
Old 12-13-2004, 02:56 AM   #30
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I've never tried ecstasy, but I wouldn't rule it out on principle. From what I have gathered, so long as the pill is "good" and you don't drink while taking it, you're pretty much okay, provided it's just the one time or taken very infrequently. I use alcohol and marijuana so I'm not against stimulants, but I wouldn't make use of anything overly potent, which I wouldn't consider ecstasy to be. Other drugs, such as heroin (see other thread) are a different story, though.

Male, 20.