Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-06-2003, 10:22 AM   #121
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Arnabus, don't listen to MagiK - let 'em bounce all you like.

MagiK, I think there are two sides (or three if you consider Magneto's) to the ethics and Wolvie's "guilty mind." I wasn't making a case, but rather exploring. I'm certainly conflicted on the issue.

I will disagree with your notion about the SR-71 however. Though it may be okay to own government grade weapons, and tanks even (I know a website where you can buy them - Maxim pointed me to it), I doubt Xavier got those. Even if he had, you tell me what Bush, sitting in the White House today, would do if someone showed him that photograph of a military-grade or military-style aircraft with VTOL entering and leaving a basketball court in an upstate New York prep school compound. Pick a body part, and I'll bet you that part that he wouldn't just say "oh, well, neat plane - hope the guy takes care of it." Let's be honest all around here.

Which brings me to another point. After all the hullabaloo throughout the movie (Headlines: "8 Federal Agents killed in Campus Raid"), do you really think he'd still be sitting in the same building teaching classes at the end of the day. I got a feeling Xavier Institute would have had some tanks driven through it or bombs dropped on it before he got home.

But, it's all make-believe anyway. Heck, I read GI Joe as a kid, so I'm perfectly capable of suspending by disbelief.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:22 AM   #122
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

BTW, as far as I know, the most powerful mutants are
1. The son of Charles Xavier (I hate to admit, I forget his name... Grr)
2. Franklin Richards (son of Reed and Sue Richards)

There are 12 mutants around whom all others are supposed to gather (according to prophecy). Not all have been recealed, but they include
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Storm
Franklin Richards
(IIRC) Danielle Moonstar
Magneto
Apocalypse