Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-27-2003, 06:40 AM   #11
Borvik
Drow Warrior

Donut - I don't panic anymore! I once answered 'yes' (that's the any-other-option), got my -50p and from there on I've never been bothered with this question anymore! (I'm still married )

OK, it took me making the bed 50 times to get even again, but I was done with that in about one forenoon...

[ 02-27-2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Borvik ]
Old 02-27-2003, 11:07 AM   #12
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This would make a great addition to sex-ed. After all the biology lessons, hand this out to all the boys.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:51 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
Just thought I'd share this with all the guys in IW...

A Guide for Men

THE BIG QUESTION
She asks, "Does this dress make me look fat?"
You hesitate in responding........................................ ..........-10
You reply, "Where?".................................................. .......-35
You reply, "no, I think it's your ass".....................................-100
Any other response.......................................... ................-50

Try this one:

"In my eyes it makes you look perfect" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can't argue with ones perception.
It's presenting a positive not a negative.
The implication is that she could be overweight and yet she's still perfect to you.
There's no lie, and no pressure.

+100.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-27-2003, 02:26 PM   #14
Legolas
Jack Burton

Nah, don't think so Yorick. If you don't hesitate or give them a bad answer (like yes), they wonder why you're so quick to deny it. If you hesitate, they wonder why. If you say yes, well, you're sleeping on the couch [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You could try "I'm glad it does" though, as that's the jealous side of you showing it's face and it may just reduce the penalty to -25. Just a theory... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2003, 02:39 PM   #15
Thoran
Galvatron

I find that deflection is the best way to deal with those sorts of questions... get em thinking about something else.

"Does this dress make me look fat?"
(walk over and give her a big hug, maybe an ear nibble)
"why don't you take it off so I can compare?"

The key is to make it quite obvious that if you get her dress off you'll be too busy to do ANY comparing.

Usually at this point either she rolls her eyes and calls me oversexed (a minus, but not a big one), or things get interesting (a big plus). But in either event I get away without having to address the question and there's more upside potential than downside. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-27-2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Old 02-27-2003, 02:43 PM   #16
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Nah, it would sound as if you've thought of that answer before because you were afraid she'd ask you that. So it would be the same as saying "Yes". [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit -- an answer to Legolas and Yorick. ("In my eyes it makes you look perfect" answer).

[ 02-27-2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 02-27-2003, 02:56 PM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
Nah, it would sound as if you've thought of that answer before because you were afraid she'd ask you that.
Or that you're repeating the words of some schmuck on the internet.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-28-2003, 12:11 AM   #18
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
THE BIG QUESTION
She asks, "Does this dress make me look fat?"
You hesitate in responding........................................ ..........-10
You reply, "Where?".................................................. .......-35
You reply, "no, I think it's your ass".....................................-100
Any other response.......................................... ................-50

I don't see what's the big deal with that question. If I get asked something like that, I'll tell her the truth, and if she is not happy with my answer, or doubt my honesty. SHE will be sleeping on the couch.

If you can't handle the truth, don't ask.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:53 AM   #19
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

Actually, the best response is to grab a blanket, throw it around her yelling "you can't wear that out were other guys will see", then close the curtains and take the blanket back off while saying "now let me see that outfit again" while drooling. Most jealous reactions are somewhat flattering. I'll still wear what I want, when I want though.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:00 AM   #20
Borvik
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ornery One:
Actually, the best response is to grab a blanket, throw it around her yelling "you can't wear that out were other guys will see", then close the curtains and take the blanket back off while saying "now let me see that outfit again" while drooling. Most jealous reactions are somewhat flattering. I'll still wear what I want, when I want though.
I'll have to remember this one!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
When I do that chances are, my wife would say something like "stop fooling around" with a . But that's what she would expect anyway, so it would earn me ...0p.