Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-22-2001, 10:18 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Per Mistral's request...the new thread is entitled thus.

As a reveiw...Mistral is at her family home, learning of her parents.
Larry is in the darkest, lowest cavern that runs below Spree's fortress.

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF
Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:21 PM   #2
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(OOC: Thanks, Larry It's your turn...

Spree - This thread serves for our other sub-plots to continue. Once Deiter is ready, we can close this thread and try to tie up loose ends )
Old 10-22-2001, 10:56 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Are you okay, son"?
"Father? Where are you!"?
"I am close, but not where you are..."
"Why can I not see you"? What is going on?"
"You love to ask questions, don't you? Very well....
You have been running through a cave in the dark like a foolish child for about an hour...then fell into a ravine, filled with water. The current finally washed you up on shore, many miles from where you are started. There are many dangers down here, and I am displeased with you for allowing yourself to come down here."

"What do I do, Father? What should I do? I have nothing to live for! Mistral is gone. I have pushed her away, and I have hurt her in some way. Kaz may be dying. I cannot face the living again. I am but a curse to anyone that knows me."
"Son, I need you to live, for me! You have to finish my work! What I was unable to complete! I died...before I could do anything to ..."
"Why do you always stop there? It seems you want to tell me something, but never do."
"As I have said before...it is not my story to tell. YOu will be told by the proper person, then you can make a decision on how to deal with it."
"Then why do you bother getting into my head and talking to me? What purpose do you serve? To torment and taunt me?
"No, son...you won't allow me to pass on. Your love for me has kept me in bondage all this time. I am compelled to help you, until you can stand on your own. Judging by today's actions...I may never get to rest"!
"Father...I just need one thing from you, and I will allow you to pass away. I need to hear you say the words..."
"Son, I have always wanted to say those words...but you don't allow me to. YOu think yourself a fool, then expect me to see otherwise. I cannot tell you anything until you have that resolve for yourself. You must be proud of yourself, first, show yourself that you are of worth to another soul, and be a hero in your own eyes. I can tell you a hundred times over what you could say to yourself, once...
Son, you have nothing to prove to me...I love you, and am proud of you. I made mistakes that I know you will not follow. You will succeed where I failed. You have a great adventurous life ahead of you! Don't let it pass you by..."

With that said...Larry awoke from a watery, rocky bed and wept. His father finally was able to be at peace. Larry knew that he could do anything he wanted. Yet, how was he to find his way back to the surface? He stood up, realizing a dozen pains in various parts of his body. He felt for Nightblade, and she was there, in her sheath. He drew her out, and began to follow the river upstream.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:09 PM   #4
mistral4543

~ Time is passing much too slowly for me ~ She sighs, fiddling with the ribbons of her ivory-toned robe. Abruptly, she stops and frowns ~ This is ridiculous! It's totally unlike me to play with ribbons! What would the Matron Mother say to that? ~ Her fingers trace a bulge in the robe ~ What's this?… why, it's some souvenir from Spree's palace! ~

~Tearing the parchment into smaller pieces, she picks up the quill, dips it in the ink and begins composing a letter ~

My dearest Kaz,

Do not blame me for leaving you so soon after we became sisters. My heart is still with you, and I wish for more than anything else to be by your side at your time of need. But it cannot be; not for the moment, at least. I am too confused and afraid. Be assured that I do not run from you, my sister… no, I run from another. When my heart is settled, I shall follow you to the depths of the earth, if need be. I pray that you receive this letter once you emerge from the sea-elven palace. Mystra be with you always, Kaz. I know we will meet again soon. M.

~ The sound of a hawk's wings flapping vigorously brings a smile to her lips ~ Good girl, Isabeau… ~ She rolls up the parchment, walks over to the window and ties it to her familiar's right ankle with string . ~ "Wait, Isabeau!" ~ She curses as the hawk takes off immediately. Desperately, she closes her eyes and mutters ~ "To Kaz, Isabeau… to Kaz and no one else! Especially not him…" ~

~ Another thought occurs to her ~ The Matron Mother would not have liked me writing such letters, either… ~ Wearily, she walks away from the study . ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 11:22 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry lingers on, hoping to see light again someday. His plan was to find Mistral, tell her it was ok if she did not love him, and please come help Kaz...that felt good...but ....did he want Mistral and he to just be friends? That kiss was no kiss of friendship! It was true to the core. Yet, he had to find his way out of this trap before he met an untimely end to his pathetic life.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 11:28 PM   #6
mistral4543

Drenched in perspiration and breathing weakly, she closes her eyes and lays on the floor, exhausted. ~ The taste of blood again… funny how I haven't gotten used to it … after… all… this… while… ~ She flutters her eyes open as she hears footsteps approaching the door ~ It won't be too long now, Father and Mother… it wasn't an easy way out… I meant to be strong… but now… ~ Her eyes close again. ~

~ The door swings open and she hears muffled cries - "Heavens! What has happened here?!" and "No time to lose, Fabian! Don't move her; leave her alone!" ~ Fabian?… I must be dreaming…Fabian is far, far away… as is he ~ she smiles weakly at the thought ~ Frowns as she hears repetitive chanting ~ I wish they'd stop that… it's giving me a headache… ~ A tremendous spurt of energy rushes into her body and she finds herself completely rejuvenated. ~

~ "Mistral! What on earth have you been doing to yourself?" ~ She turns towards the direction of the voice and gives a start ~ It is Fabian!… and Delphine! ~ She breaks into a smile ~ "What are you doing here?" ~

~"Rescuing your life, of course." ~ Fabian grins back with characteristic charm, surveying the carnage that has just taken place ~ "You summoned all these creatures?" ~ Points to the crumpled sword spiders, invisible stalkers and skeleton warriors lying on the ground ~ "Why would you do that?" ~

~"Just thought I'd train myself up… you know, get the experience, become more powerful and all that." ~ she replies jokingly, adding silently ~ Besides, this is the best distraction I can think of… ~ "But seriously, why are you and Delphine here? I welcome you both, of course, but do let me know if you require any assistance." ~

~ "We are in fact here to ask you the very same question." ~ Delphine's merry voice tinkles ~ "We were passing by this very morning, and heard that there was now a new mistress to the House of Freelight. Well, when we realised that it was yourself, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet you!" ~ She giggles gaily ~ "You will let us stay, won't you? We'll be your loyal subjects." ~

~ Mistral's face brightens at the thought ~ "Of course! You may stay for as long as you wish to… but I must warn you that our men are not strong in numbers. Ever since my father became a fallen paladin, the numbers have dwindled. The remaining troops consist of loyalists." ~

~ Fabian waves his hand dismissively ~ "Have no fear! Fabian is here, and shall take charge of all military matters for you. It would be an honour to serve the fairest maiden in these parts of the world." ~
Old 10-22-2001, 11:34 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry continues to trot along the shore line, looking for a way out. Suddenly, a tentacle lashes out at him from the left side, gripping his leg and quickly puling him toward a horrible stench. He lashes out with Nightblade, and hacks himself free of the tentacle. Hot, acid-like blood stings his leag now. Larry starts to run, but two more tentacles appear from the darkness and grab on. Larry swings Nightblade around and severs one, but another has knocked him off-balance. Hoping this particular creature was not what he thought it was, he continues to have a hope of escape. Yet more tentacles sprang out, and the stench is getting stronger. Bringing Nightblade up, and slicing through all the tentacles he could, wich resulted in being stung by acid-like blood, Larry screams,
"Mistral!
I love you!
Please forgive my foolishness!
I need you in my life!"

Knowing those words would never be heard by her, Larry nonethe less continued to fight on...still having a hope of seeing her again.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:52 PM   #8
mistral4543

~ In the distance, Isabeau spots a familiar figure. He seems to be screaming her mistress' name... and definitely requires any assistance he can get... ~

~ Emitting a ferocious shriek, Isabeau swoops down, her talons fully extended and she punctures holes into one of the tentacles of the monster and biting another tentacle, hoping Larry will be able to attack in the confusion ~

(ooc: Is this ok with you? You can take over her actions if you like, cos I'm not that great with battle-scenes )

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 11:56 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry could not believe his eyes, as Isabeau was here, fighting for him! Mistral may be here as well! Larry takes up renewed courage and severed two more tentacles. He sees that Isabeau has gone for the base of the monster's body, and is effectivley clawing at its face. And what a terrible face it is! There was nothing but a mouth. Yes, Larry knew what this was, but he could not remember the name of it. As long as Isabeau stayed away from the tentacles, she would be okay. Larry finally freed himself of the mess of tentacles, and rushes foward to help Isabeau in the battle.
Where was Mistral? Was she hurt?
Larry brought Nightblade up and while jumping to the left, slashes at it's face. Just as it's attention turned to him,,,Isabeau began clawing at it's flank. When it would turn around to see this new attacker, Larry would rush in a jab, dodge, then retreat. This sort of battle went on for a long time before the creaure finally gave up and died.
Larry fell to the ground, exausted, and Isabeau landed at his side...with a note attached to her.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 12:20 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Reading the letter found on the hawk's leg, Larry continues...
Quote:
My dearest Kaz,

Do not blame me for leaving you so soon after we became sisters. My heart is still with you, and I wish for more than anything else to be by your side at your time of need. But it cannot be; not for the moment, at least. I am too confused and afraid. Be assured that I do not run from you, my sister… no, I run from another. When my heart is settled, I shall follow you to the depths of the earth, if need be. I pray that you receive this letter once you emerge from the sea-elven palace. Mystra be with you always, Kaz. I know we will meet again soon. M.

Larry sat there for a long while...just looking at the letter, trying to decide what those particular words meant. He looks at his new comrade, then asks..."Why? What did I do wrong?"
The bird remained silent...looking at Larry with indifference.
At length, Larry realized that this hawk had somehow got down here in this place...this strange cavern.
"Will you please show me the way out of here?"

The bird immediately takes off, flying into the gloom. Larry rushes forth, only being able to hear the wing flaps of the magestic hawk. Wonders never cease, and Larry knew that he had been afforded a great blessing this day. He would not perish in the underdark afterall.