Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-27-2000, 09:10 AM   #1
coopaloop

I ned help with the begining of the game. I can make a party and I get some jobs at the town hall. When I head out I end up at a Windmill. This is where I get messed up:
1: How do you climb and descend the ladder?(This is embarrasing because I climb ladders every day at work)
2: What do I do with the chest?(Be specific)
3: What do I say to the chick with the cleavage?
4: Where do I go from here?

5: I'd also like to know how to keep my theif from getting killed. He's at the back of the party and he's wearing as much armour as I can afford, but he gets killed by the Giant Spider every time.

Thanks guys, I'm sure once I get going, I'll have no problems.

Coopaloop

Old 10-27-2000, 09:52 AM   #2
Perin

First of all go back to town. Now scroll all the way over to the right side of town and go out that gate. Follow the path to the graveyard and crypt. This is an easier section for a new party and better to start with.

To go up a ladder step up in front of it, look up and move forward. You should climb right up. To go down? No one seems to know. If you figure it out let us know. Seriously it is very difficult to climb down and most people just end up falling.

To open a chest walk up to it. Have your rogue selected and click the chest. On the right you will see a description of the type of trap, three buttons beneath it, and a 3x3 grid to the right. Click the button to pick the lock and the buttons to the right will start to flicker and change colors. Most of them need to change colors before the chest will open. Watch the status bar that changes from green to yellow to red. Once it gets in the red the trap could be sprung at any point. You can click the cancel button to abort the attempt and try again if it doesn't look like you are going to make it. Once your skill in lockpicking is 2-3 you should be able to open most of the chests in the crypt w/o a problem.

Good luck.

Old 10-27-2000, 09:58 AM   #3
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi there,

I'll do my best here:

1. Get IN FRONT of the ladder and try pressing up and the jump button. Its really tacky but it works. Climbing down, excuse me but *LAUGHS*, I have never got it to work, so just stand near the edge and take a plunge. That's will at least get you down...

2. Open the chest with a character with theiving skills, just click on it, or use some lockpicks. If you are talking about the lady, if you touch her you will get slapped very harshly.

3. Ask her for her number, whoops sorry wrong forum!
Talk to her, she's missing a friend who's locket you need to find. Heh, you ever been to a Ren Faire? You should go for sure.

4. Lots of things, just adventure! Don't want to spoil it for you, but you should have a map, just go to all the areas you haven't been. Talk to people.

5. Your Thief just might be too weak. You can level up more, but you have to take out that spider fast. Depends on your party really.

Hope this helps ya

Scronan
Old 10-27-2000, 09:59 AM   #4
Silversword

1. To climb a ladder simply face the runs and move forward. I have never found a way to descend one without taking damage;
2. To open a chest you need a thief with trap/chest open skills or some high level lockpicks --- you probably don't have either at this time. You can try to bash the chest open but you entire party will take damage if it doesn't work. Your party at this stage probably isn't high enough level to withstand the damage;
3. After she spoke to you, there will be options to select on your conversation menu, simply click on these until you run out of conversation options;
4. Take on of the assignments from the guilds. They set you are the right track. Actually, you should be working on the assignment from the guy you met at the first of the game. You actually need to exit the other side of the city;
5. It's too early in the game to take on the spider. Build your party up a bit. If you had exited the other side of the city you would have found enemies that you can handle at this stage.

Old 10-27-2000, 10:21 AM   #5
Silversword

There are a couple of gamefaqs that may help you here. There are brief descriptions of the advance character classes, general quests , hints for playing the game and walkthrus to about the first half of the game.

You can find these at:

www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/28047.html