Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 06-10-2004, 05:14 AM   #1
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

I believe too much praise is given to the geniuses of cinema. So this post is to award those directors whose talent doesn't nearly match their enthusiasm.
Nominate three candidates for the worst film ever!!!

1. Lost Highway - The only way this could not be on a list of the worst films ever is because it is so lacking in any kind of plot that it doesn't really qualify as a film.
2. Girl Interrupted - Adolescent whining.
3. Eyes Wide Shut - The soundtrack deserves a special mention for being played using only one finger.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:22 AM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

1. Joy ride, just watch it, you will understand
2. Bicentennial Man, the longest movie I have seen, the plot would have been good, but I think it was carried to far
3. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, it just did not even look remotely realistic, and was rather annoying in the plot it's self
Old 06-10-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Plan 9 from outer space. Worst. Ever. Those who have seen it will undestand, those who haven't shouldn't!
Old 06-10-2004, 09:40 AM   #4
Smoothie.
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Fan
Smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Punch-Drunk Love as the worst.
Cold Creek Manor and the 2002 remake of Solaris get an honorable mention.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:49 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Stormy, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a martial arts film... go figure. AS much as the plot is cheesy, I enjoyed it... in my opinion it shouldn't be in the worst movie category though. [img]smile.gif[/img] If you want a better version, watch "Hero" waaay better.

Joy Ride I just like Lee Lee Sobieski. That's it. I agree. Bicentennial Man... too cheesy also.

The Fan well... yeah.

As for me... anything I don't like is bad. LOL
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:25 PM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

I don't think Joy Ride was that bad [img]smile.gif[/img] Quite amusing I'd say
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:45 PM   #8
uss
20th Level Warrior

I didn't like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Most certainly, definitely not the worst movie out there. But the plot simply didn't keep me interested. I did see the final action scene though, and that was very cool! [img]smile.gif[/img] Bahamut - YES, Hero is superb! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I thought Joy Ride was quite good for a movie in that genre. And yes, Lee Lee Sobieski is hot. Which brings me to my next point..

I thought Eyes Wide Shut was cool. The movie had a very mysterious feel to it, in my opinion. But the best thing is that Lee Lee Sobieski is in this movie also - Plays a small role as the daughter of the carnival store - and she's never been as good-looking as she was in this movie!
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:40 PM   #9
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Stormy, are you serious!! Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was a very good martial arts film. It wasn't even supposed to be realistic. Futhermore, while Joy Ride and Biocentennial were not good movies, they certainly don't deserve to be in the worst movie category. I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with you. You obviously haven't seen any really bad movies.

Anyway, here are my candidates:

1. Plan 9 from Outer Space -I agree with you, Bozos of Bones, this is the worst movie. It's so bad that it isn't even funny.
2. Freddy Got Fingered - worst comedy ever!
3. Battlefield Earth - Utterly stupid and poorly acted film. Shame on John Travolta.

[ 06-10-2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 06-10-2004, 04:49 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I am entitled to my own opinions, you do not need to say you are sorry, you are allowed your own, and yes, I have seen bad ones, just think those were the worst ones I have seen