Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 06-19-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
Elmysterio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I kinda planned on playing through BG1 with Imoen being a theif and not dualing her. But I was wondering, when you import your characters into BG2 will Imoen still be just a thief if I dont dual her? Or will she be a Theif/Mage no matter what.
Elmysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 05:17 PM   #2
Halbarad1891
The Magister

As far as I know, you can only import your main charature that you created. So Imoen is still going to be a thief/mage. You chould theroretically make a multiplayer party and create a Imoen charature and then import her and replace the other, thus keeping her a thief (at least I think that's the way it'd work).

Oh, welcome to the forums btw. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-19-2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Halbarad1891 ]
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted by: Halbarad1891

You chould theroretically make a multiplayer party and create a Imoen charature and then import her and replace the other, thus keeping her a thief (at least I think that's the way it'd work).
I think I read about doing this on an old thread somewhere, how exactly do you go about doing this, you know... creating your OWN party from scratch?

Be specific, as I'm not the most 'tech-savvy' person in the World.

And I'm sorry Elmysterio for this being 'off topic'.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:07 PM   #4
Elmysterio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No problem at all. I welcome any comments or theories.
Elmysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:18 PM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Playing with six characters you have created:
Short: Start a multiplayer game and play it alone.

Long: Start the game and select multiplayer. Choose serial or TCP/IP for connection type (serial is better). If it doesn't work, use a different settings (play a bit with it). Press OK. Write your name and session name. Start the game.
You will get to a screen divided on six parts (every one represents a character). Press each one, and create each character. Note that they are arranged in columns, not rows:
1 4
2 5
3 6
Start the game. Save it. Exit, and find your BG2 folder. Find mpsave folder and your saved game in it. Copy the saved game into save folder.

Start the game again and load it in the single player.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

But creating Imoen won't remove the original one, so there will be two Imoen.

The best solution would prabably be to use a savegame editor to change the original one into a thief.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:53 PM   #7
Halbarad1891
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
But creating Imoen won't remove the original one, so there will be two Imoen.

The best solution would prabably be to use a savegame editor to change the original one into a thief.
Or you could just ignore the real Imoen and use the one you created. ...Of course this would probably mess up the romances (does Imoen have a romance?)...
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:08 AM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Wait. I'm confused now. Is this the BG1 or BG2 thread? Cuz romances do not even enter the picture til SOA. Please keep our posts forum relevant or put a decent BG2/SOA-Spoiler tag on the post.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:19 AM   #9
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

There are no romances in BG1, but this thread has gradually changed into a BG2 thread. Anyway, there's no original Imoen romance, but you can download one. I can't give you a link, but someone here is surely able to. And if you make your own Imoen and ignore the NPC Imoen, you won't be able to have a romance with her whatsoever (at least afaik).

If you want to play Imoen in BG2 as a thief only, then start a mp game in BG2 and create your very own Imoen. Follow Vedran's instructions as creating mp game is same in both BG1 and BG2.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

www.weidu.org for the Imoen romance and most other major BG2 mods. The link contains various NPC spoilers, so dont go there if you havent played BG2 yet and want to be surprised.

Anyway, for BG1 or BG2, I recommend the relevant keeper program is used to alter Imoen, rather than creating a new one. Both BG1 and BG2 NPCs have scripted conversations (or maybe my memory of BG1 is tainted). Making a complete new Imoen will lose that. Plus youd have to extract the soundset and thats a PITA to do.