Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
LANKST
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have killed Scabban swam through the tunnel found gold key found signet and armour but I can not find the way through the portcullis blocking the stream near rethpian (rat man)... please help me as it is frustrating

p.s. As soon as i am told i will probably call my self an idiot!!!!
LANKST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:47 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board Lankst. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Do you remember where you found the gold key? Retrace your steps to that location, the grate near Rathpian that is. Facing the grate, check the left wall for a lever, it´s located some paces back from the grate. Pull it and the grate will open up for you to swim through.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:08 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Lankst. May your enemies in the Gael Serran serve as pincushions to the steel of your blade.

Willow's got you the answer. Let us know how your game goes along.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 02:23 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, LANKST!!!

Sometimes those levers are hard to spot but you will probably find them more easily after finishing up the crypt simply because you'll know to look for them.

Keep us posted on how your game is going!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:07 PM   #5
Dave B.
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Welcome to the boards Lankst.

As a relative newcomer I can only concur with what has already been said, the lever is a very common device in W&W. They are often difficult to spot in the gloomly confines of dungeons but after a while you develop a sixth sense for them. I'm not sure if it's because my monitor is a few years old now but I find it best not to play with a strong light source around as small details can often be missed. Certainly daylight plays havoc with the quality of viewing.

Unfortunately this means I tend to qualify the myth of the red-eyed gamer sitting in front of his computer in a darkened room not knowing what time of the day it is!!
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 08:12 PM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The first time I played the game I spent hours locating even the lever placed just behind Scabban. At least you made it a couple of steps further. Playing the game again I have found a great help in the spirit spell called spirit eye. That spell highlights levers and buttons, which might otherwise go unnoticed, on your map.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:31 PM   #7
Featherstone
Dungeon Master

Welcome aboard LANKST

You cant do alot worse than listen to everything the first three responders say, except for drunken mumbling at other places that is

The game is great - truely one of the best games ever IMHO - and the forum here keeps you going when your just about to put an Axe thru the PC when you get stuck looking for things

Enjoy the game and dont be afraid to ask questions (and read the Best Tips List here on the forum)

Cheers
Old 02-05-2003, 05:22 AM   #8
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

just a little somethin' extra; when you leave rethpian's area you go back to the elevator and click on the crystal you put into the elevator. the first time i played i didn't know clicking on it would bring it down after the first time you put the crystal in. i spent over an hour trying to run jump up the broken stairwell. it's possible, in between getting ambushed by those evil little slime thingys (burn evil jelly, BURN mwahahahaaaaa!) and rogues but it can be done!

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai