Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-09-2001, 02:14 PM   #1
EnigmaParadox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks to Wyvern for their assistance with my question the other day.
And here is a doozy of a question for you guys....I"m in the underwater temple and while I was there, I was getting a message saying, "mermaid recieves crush damage". The only door that would open for me was the one that you open yourself when you load a dungeon. There is a door at the end of hallway but it was sealed shut. No mermaid in visual sight anywhere. I think that mermaid is dead now and I had saved my game since. Turns out....I needed to talk to her. PLease help.

[This message has been edited by EnigmaParadox (edited 05-09-2001).]
EnigmaParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 02:45 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well YIKES!!!

That is a sticky situation but you might be okay - there are a number of mermaids and which ever one got crushed might not be the one you need right now.
Use Xignal's site to check maps and see where you are :
http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html
Somehow I don't think the mermaid you need to talk to CAN be killed so I think you should be okay once we figure out where you are. Locate your position on Xignal's maps of this area and let me know!

What is your next recent save to this area?? You may have to replay a bit if you truly are stuck!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 02:52 PM   #3
EnigmaParadox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

About her being killed, I think any NPC can be killed. The crazy pirate guy who gives you his treasure map drowned cause he walked out into the water to talk to me before I even got off the boat and ....and....he got ran over by the boat. I found him underwater and well, he had started that glup/yelp thing an next thing I know, he was just a bunch of loot underwater.

Oh my, I love that links page you gave me. Great maps there. That may the the only assistance I need right now. Just so you know, I was at "F" That may be the exit spot I was trying to go in.

[This message has been edited by EnigmaParadox (edited 05-09-2001).]
Old 05-09-2001, 03:15 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, it just goes to show you, kids...drinking and watercraft don't mix!

(It's true!)

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 03:18 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If it was Sarellia, BTW, you need "A" a glowstone from her, and "B" for her to open the gateway to the Oracle in the Library. You can probably cast "Vanish" on yourself near the gateway and see if it gets you through to the corridor...may have to reload a couple of times...The glowstone may be a problem, though, in finding the 3rd tablet of Cet. Wyvern may be able to assist you there...

-Sazerac
Old 05-09-2001, 03:44 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Glowstones I can make - Sarellias I can't.

I don't believe you can kill Kol the first time you meet up with him (not that I ever tried).

One way or another, we'll find a way to get you through here!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 01:49 AM   #7
EnigmaParadox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't believe this! The Gaming Gods do not want me to finish this game anytime in the near future. Well, for starters, only two glowstones spawned for me and to even get one of those two, I had to resort to blocking doors in the Fell room to get through. Now for today's problem. With only two glow stones and one of those has to be used to keep open my way out through the Fel room, I cna't open the cubby hole to get the third fragment of the tablet. My last save up to this point is back, and I mean WAY BACK, before I even got to the Port city. I hadn't played the game since Feb. Does anyone have any clue about those glowstones? I'm kinda stuck without having three and if I have to go back to feb's save game to play I might as well start over totally.
Old 05-10-2001, 01:55 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The great, almighty, sage Wyvern can help thee out! Petition her kindly tomorrow, and she will assist thee, I'm sure!

-Sazerac
Old 05-11-2001, 06:29 AM   #9
carg
The Magister

You CAN kill Sarellia (quite easily by the way).
When she dies, she will drop her glowstone, so you should check if it's on the ground anywhere near the grate. The grate itself you can click on to open after S. passed away.
Kol on the other hand seems impervious to all damage I was able to inflict on him, at the temple as well as at the first encounter in dragon spire.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote