Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 01:31 PM   #1
KattB
Dungeon Master

I lost , somewhere did not know I lost it till looking for it. the gold key you use in the crypt. I have the ring, etc. but that means I can not take the quest and go back and get the sword. Will this be a problem? and if it is, is there a way to reget ot buy the key?
Thanks
Kathy
KattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 04:12 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Did you open all the tombs with the gold key the first time you did that area? If you did, they will all still be open and you will be able to get the sword.

If for some reason that is not the case, I can probably hack you a key if someone can provide me with the code (Max probably can).

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 07:49 PM   #3
KattB
Dungeon Master

I thought I had ,I had gotten past this point before and had to reformat my system and forgot to save the saved games, so had to start all over again. when I got the 'ring' and took the oth, i opned all the tumbs...I thought. I did not find the sword at that time, tho I was 2 quist away from that quest. I went back the other day and found one of the tumbs doors closed, so my guess that is the door I have to go in. all I can guess is one of my party had the key and they ended up having to carry more then they could, so must have droped it, can't think of anything else that could have happend to it.
Kathy
Old 03-21-2001, 08:54 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Are you running with the patch??

If you really don't want to start all over again - you can email me and I'll get you a key!

Wyv
Old 03-24-2001, 03:18 PM   #5
KattB
Dungeon Master

I won't start over again, I already did that once.
but do I 'have' to do the quest? I have not taken it yet. and my ppl are becoming differnt things. (aka barbarian, monk, etc.) do I have to do that one?
I have to do the toad one yet. I did it fine first time, before I had to reinstall, but when I got to that point the next time, I could not do it, kept dieing, so I went back to the saved one before I went to the toad shamen and now when I try to get to him there are one or two toads in the tunnel blocking me that won't move. so I can not even try to get the todem. (think I have to do that before I am giving the sword quest) and yes, I do have the patch. arn't I sapose to?? thought it made the game work better???

Kathy
Old 03-24-2001, 03:55 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You don't HAVE to do the quest - this just makes it harder to gain guild levels which are important to being offered various skills.

THe patch is a good thing for many people - it just makes a difference whether or not you are able to find quest items if you happened to drop them somewhere. Without the patch they would probably be gone.

(I personally do not use the patch - my game isn't broken and has never crashed - if it isn't broken, don't fix it )

Wyv
Old 03-24-2001, 11:32 PM   #7
KattB
Dungeon Master

hmm, I just got the patch before i even did the game. thought it was needed. guess i should have seen if it was 'broken' first. lol
oh well, 'if' I have to reformat my hd again, and it looks like I may soon..*sigh*, and 'if' I feel like starting over from scratch....again (right now I DON'T), I won't use the patch the next time. looks like I can't get the toads totem either, maybe I 'should' start over again.
Kathy
Old 03-24-2001, 11:51 PM   #8
Matri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Reformat?
You're the umpteenth person I've met who prefers reformatting to uninstalling... Sheesh, is there a contest for re-re-installing Windows?
Matri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 10:21 AM   #9
KattB
Dungeon Master

no no no..I DO mean REFORMAT. not unistall. my computer screws up and i did a full reformat a month a go, but installing, or rather reinstalling, some things, it got really messed up again, so is slow, freezing, loosing stuff, etc. again. when that happens I have found the best thing to do is reformat the hd and start with a clean hd. I usaly have to do it about once a yr to once ever 3 years. there are 3 ppl using this computer, it is used between all of us about 12-18 hours a day, and there are a lot of programs and games on it. reformanting is kinda like cleaing the oil and all and putting in a new filter on your car. Keeps it running better and longer. (now If I would just be as good at taking care of my car as I am my computer......oh well. . )
But...when I reformat either I save the wrong file or save it wrong...so I don't have the saved game and have to start from scratch. now that is not all that bad as since I got the game I have not gotten into the tempe even yet. but...i put a lot of time in making and del. ppl to get gold, what a pain but it helps, and it is frustrating to have to keep fighting from the beginning to get points, and when you fight stronger ppl and have to go back to the first and the most simple of monsters kill you, it is a real pain! lol
and hearing all you have to hear to move on, over, and over, and over again....uggg.
so, I am hoping not to have to reformat my computer for other reasonss...but guess that would be an excuse to start the game over again...*sigh*
But I do know the differnce between reformatning and unistalling (tho sometimes when an unistall does not take and messes up the system you have to reformat the hd...).
Kathy
Old 03-25-2001, 10:39 AM   #10
carg
The Magister

To back up the save games, you need to back up the WizardsWarriors\save directory, AND the file WizardsWarriors\ROSTER.DAT.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote