Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 11:29 PM   #1
Waluin

Ok, I'm going after the Drow Bhaalspawn. I have a choice of north/south tunnels.

I cant seem to make much headway in either. The slaves simply overwhelm me, and the spiders took me out.

What do I do?

update: I firebreathed/haste/whirlwinded my way through the spiders, I think. Not sure whats beyond yet

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-11-2001).]
Waluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 12:52 AM   #2
Waluin

LOL, now I cant beat Sendai. God, go figure.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:12 AM   #3
Waluin

*bump*

suggestions on Sendai, anyone? She's really got me stuck.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:23 AM   #4
Sagath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sounds like you need to get some levelling in befor you tackle her.
Try going to the slave tunnel, just stay JUST inside the door, and the slaves will respawn over and over again, you can basically Farm EXP here for some easy levels. If you get warn out of spells, or low on HP, just exit the tunnel, and rest up and do it again.

Good Luck!

------------------
Sagath Steelblade. 32nd Fighter, LG
Jan: Greetings, Everyone. Sorry, no gifts or souvenirs this time but I'll keep you all in mind the next time I'm gone. Oh, Keldorn: the gods say 'Hi' and that you should wash your underwear more thoroughly. Everyone ready? Let's go adventuring.
Sagath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:35 AM   #5
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sagath:
Sounds like you need to get some levelling in befor you tackle her.
Try going to the slave tunnel, just stay JUST inside the door, and the slaves will respawn over and over again, you can basically Farm EXP here for some easy levels. If you get warn out of spells, or low on HP, just exit the tunnel, and rest up and do it again.

Good Luck!
Yeah, I keep getting my butt beaten down by the drow reinforcements that rush in while I'm fighting the statues. Perhaps more leveling is in order, although we're rather high (melee in the low 20s)

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:54 AM   #6
Waluin

Hmmm. no good. Once I busted through to sendai they dont respawn anymore.
Old 07-12-2001, 06:48 PM   #7
Waluin

*BUMP*

ack! I'm leveling like a madman, and the battle is SOOOOO close, but she still has an edge on me.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:16 PM   #8
Tananda
Elminster

Did you try to summon Fallen Planetar (or Deva) and place him (her) near the stairs (where drow respawns)? With a little help from one of your party members Planetar can keep those dark elves busy giving you an opportunity to deal with Samia herself.
Let your fighters kill Samia, and sometimes mage is needed to break her defense.
What class is your main character, btw?

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:34 PM   #9
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Make sure you cast protection from elements on all weak party members or all if you can manage. This will protect you from the fireball and fie attacks used by the drow priestess' that appear at the stairs. Also if you can take them down quickly it should still be their to protect you from the horrid wilting spell and all other spells cast by sendai's spellcasting statues and real form. Try getting in a few insect summons to her spellcasting froms and her final form before she does it to you. This can take half you health out. I have a special combo thats great for taking out some pesky enemy. Works better in large groups (spiders) but still great aginst sendai. Have these spells ready. Timestop:1
horrid wilting:2 Improved alacrity:1 Dragon breath:1 Comet:1 Lower resistance:3. If you don't have the 4 9th level spell slots, get rid of comet. Then cast 3 lower resistances on sendai. This will get rid of all her resistance to the spells you are about the cast. The cast time stop then improved alacrity the dragon breath then two horrid wilting spells then comet then any other offensive spells if you have time left. This took out all the spiders (including that real hard one with the one hit kill move) all the monks in front of the monastary and all of the slaves. It may kill her, it might not but she be so near death that she'll drop at one swipe.

And a few elemental princes and devas help at the stairs.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness.

[]####[]::::::>

[This message has been edited by BlackAssassin (edited 07-12-2001).]
BlackAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:43 PM   #10
Waluin

I've been spending a bit more time leveling, so I think I can execute what you are suggesting.

One problem though: I'm working my way to Sendai again, and have entered the area with the spectator beholder suggesting we go one-on-one. In the pit-fight with the guard captain, he can off me with one hit. What gives?

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-12-2001).]