Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 07:18 PM   #41
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

That's an excellent idea, Staralfur...not to mention it may spur interest in finding out more about that world. I know I'd appreciate a reference page!

Old 05-18-2001, 10:59 PM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Hehehehe Caleb!

Well, Cloudy, I guess I'm going to find out...I FINALLY got BG2 to install and got it powered up! The interface is driving me nutso, though...I'm such a 1st person gamer. Can't you get everyone to walk together...I mean, isn't there like a "Group Objects" function like in MS Word or something? I'm getting dizzy switching from one to the other.

Oh, well, I'll figure it out. I just got killed by a bunch of little demon thingies, so I guess I'm right on schedule.

WARNING SOME MINOR BG2 SPOILERS

Saz,

Er...demon things? Are you in the room with the electrical charges being emitted? Those are mephits. Wail on them with any good weapon. The weapons are in the room just north and slightly west of where your pc starts out. There is a golem in the room and the weapons are on the table and in the chest. Have Imoen check for traps! Go slowly! Also, to make them move as one unit- lower right side of your screen are two little rectangular boxes with dotted lines around them. The one to the right (a pointing finger) is the group box. Click it and then click where you want the party to go, they will all go together. When you click the grouping button you will see a set of dotted diagrams appear. Those are the formations your party can move in....choose the one you like and it remains the default til you switch it.

The other little rectangular button is the Artifical Intelligence button. If your characters keep wander off into walls or fighting when you don't want them to etc...just click it off.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-18-2001).]
Old 05-18-2001, 11:36 PM   #43
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Cloudy: thank you! Yes, that's where it was...in a room with what looks to be a huge reactor in the center and little demon things. Apparently I missed the "switch"...hm. I did find the weapons on the table, but didn't notice a chest. Will go back there for that. My main problem is that I have trouble lining everyone up. I guess I'll go give it a go again.

Probably need to take this over to the BG2 forum...I just don't want everyone laughing at me in there for being such a collossal dope. But I'm so glad I finally got the freakin' thing to run! It looks interesting.

I think I'll start over...not too far into it, and see what I can get. I always keep 1 save at the beginning of every major area in any game I'm in so I can go back to the beginning if I FUBAR'd it.

Old 05-18-2001, 11:45 PM   #44
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

sazerac, i look forward to answering your questions in the bg2 forum

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-19-2001, 12:47 AM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Cloudy: thank you! Yes, that's where it was...in a room with what looks to be a huge reactor in the center and little demon things. Apparently I missed the "switch"...hm. I did find the weapons on the table, but didn't notice a chest. Will go back there for that. My main problem is that I have trouble lining everyone up. I guess I'll go give it a go again.

Probably need to take this over to the BG2 forum...I just don't want everyone laughing at me in there for being such a collossal dope. But I'm so glad I finally got the freakin' thing to run! It looks interesting.

I think I'll start over...not too far into it, and see what I can get. I always keep 1 save at the beginning of every major area in any game I'm in so I can go back to the beginning if I FUBAR'd it.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT - BG2

Pssst! Saz! Ask in BG2, but iffen you want me to help, yell here! Or tell somebody to fetch me! LOL... I NEVER get to answer things over there! The quick-draws beat me out everytime...sniffle... I don't post much there as a result. I'm only a whiz with the beginning of the game. And everyone knows that!

Use the grouping button! LOL And if you have a thief (Imoen is your starter) have them use detect traps everywhere, you'll find caches of goodies...that room with the weapons and chest...pssst...there's a wall safe...
Oh and the mephits? Piece of cake! Throw spells at them (Imoen has some, be sure she isn't wearing armor- can't cast in armor) and walk right up and whack 'em! FAST! If you nail the two of them quickly and go forward out of that room, you should survive! Teehee! The first dungeon is pretty low key, and you can rest as often as you like.

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-19-2001).]
Old 05-19-2001, 02:33 AM   #46
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Cloudy: I restarted the game, and am doing a LOT better. Have a feeling I'm missing some things, though, on it...Imoen found the wall safe, but I didn't know that's what it was...will have to go back for it (sigh).

(SPOILY)

So far, I've killed the Lightning Mephits and shut off the power generator, talked to the Djinn and accepted his challenge, "freed" the poor sod in the bottle in the next room over, got the activator(?) stone, talked to the other poor souls in the bottles (this place is CREEPY, eeech...I'm with Imoen on that!) and now I guess I need to go talk to that golem again.

Just tell me this...is this one of those fantasy games that's laced with sci-fi stuff? Because if it is, I can tell I won't like it. The whole layout looks more like a space station than a medieval fantasy thing.

Haven't figured out how to cast spells yet...everyone is just whacking away, no matter what I do. Is that where I need to disable the AI? Because it just takes my spellcaster into the fracas and won't let me cast with them.

Did figure out how to group everyone to travel together...that simplified things a LOT. Haven't died yet this time, but am losing lots of HP...keeping the druid lady stocked on healing spells.

Sorry for sounding so ignorant. Okay, and this is my last post on this in this thread; it really doesn't belong here, and I may e-mail you privately about it so I don't sound like a complete ignoramus on the BG2 forum. I'll admit I feel pretty dumb right now, but I guess others feel that way when they start playing W&W, too, coming in off BG2. Two completely different games.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Old 05-19-2001, 02:58 AM   #47
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Saz,

Email me anytime!

Your spells- to cast: choose the spellcaster (left click Imoen for example), then left click the moon/stars button in the bar at bottom, left click the spell you want and then left click in the scene on the target. Blue spells are defensive, red are offensive. Remember that mages can't wear armor when casting. All the spells will appear greyed out if they have armor on. There are, of course, some exceptions...but we won't go there! LOL

You sound NEW to the game, not dumb! Cannot tell you how hard I found BG1 and I quit! If it weren't for IWD I'd never have got to BG2!

I will happily tell you whatever I know. Feels good to give some help, I've gotten my fair share around here! And believe me, W & W will make me crawl on hands and knees to you for aid and assistance!

NO it is NOT a scifi thing at all! The first Dungeon is not like the rest of the game! And most of us RUSH to get out of it when starting second or later games! LOOK at everything, if you pass the cursor over something and it shows a blue outline, have a thief check traps and then click it! It is BOOTY! Always ck for traps! And then be sure to click the little mask symbol before clicking the trap- to disarm it.

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever