Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-07-2001, 04:32 AM   #1
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The Mavin Sword and the Dragon Plate Armor can be used by (perhaps) any class. I have checked a Monk, a Ninja, a Samurai, a Ranger (the plate) and a Warlock. If a warlock can wear the Dragon Plate and swing the Mavin Sword, who can not?
2. Monks cannot use swords except the Mavin Sword, therefore, a monk is not a good class for your soloist. You will need to teach him a sword and a weapon usable by monks.
3. Omphaaz cannot wear the Dragon Plate Armor. Well, I did a mistake during my testing so that I do not know whether you must have the Dragon Plate equipped when entering the Dragon Spire or whether it suffices to have the armor in your inventory. I will add the info as soon as possible. Suppose the worse case (the mail has to be equipped). Then you cannot play a solo Omphaaz.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 08:04 PM   #2
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

I was not wearing the Armor when I entered the dragon spear
and got burnted
I also had the seconded person in the party wearing the armor
not sure if that mattered

------------------
T H A N K S
Eiz
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:04 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oomphaz cannot wear dragon plate. However...you can cast the "Vanish" spell on yourself and get past the firebeast that way...may take a few tries A bit of a "lateral thought" thing, but it works. I imagine it would work with anyone with the Vanish spell.

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:32 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I seem to recall that there was someone who used Vanish to get beyond the Bronze Dragon in some post quite a while ago. Should work - perhaps with a few reloadings of the game, but should work.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 06:44 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The Omphaaz problem: you MUST have the armor equipped when entering Dragon Spire. It does not suffice to have the armor in your inventory.
2. The Vanish spell. I tried without success at the Bronze Nonsense. The spell always (not only in the case of the Bronze Nonsense) moved me to a place where I already have been.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 07:14 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Let me repeat an old tip for soloists:
Warlocks are not allowed to use pick axes. So if you want to do the stout mines the regular way: take care with your promotions. (I ended up doing the boogre caves first, and switching roles after that.)

Challenge: soloist Oomphaz Wizard -> Warlock! (Should still be possible though)
Tip: Kung Fu works great for Warlocks.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote