Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-23-2003, 06:26 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Leaving the underdark you come across the drow V elves battle. a couple of times before including this game, no matter what you do I end up killing innocent or not elves. Why is this? are they turned by the drows or is it a bug. I swear I do not harm them, they just turn red and attack. Anyone else have this problem? for the last few walk throughs this has not been a problem !!

[ 11-23-2003, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:59 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

never had that kind of problem.. must be a bug i guess.. wait.. i do recall that.. is that in the ruined temple RIGHT after underdark? yeah.. i have that as well.. once or twice as i recall

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:55 PM   #3
Fs.SaCuL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It happened once to me ...

Well... just kill them...
Old 11-23-2003, 07:44 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

You're talking reputation loss here, right? It could be that an area of effect spell (such as Fireball) hit one of the elves as well. This triggered the other elves to attack you too.
Otherwise you could try and charm them (Control Circlets!! Keep them by all means!) to avoid fighting them.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:17 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Yeah the problem is in the temple ruins just before the exit. You enter a room and there are two clear sides in battle, War elves V Drow. But within a second they ALL turn red and attack!!

It does not cost reputation but by the time the surface is reached they *good guys* overwhelm you and leave most of the party dead.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 03:12 PM   #6
Kezardin
Elminster

I've had this problem a few times where all the elves would turn hostile if the party attacked any drow near where they appeared. Now I only attack any drow not close to the entrance and reload if the surface elves still turn narky.
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:32 AM   #7
Whailor

May be related to fact that some surface elf got charmed and you knocked him down, and the bug made other surface elves still consider this as if you smacked one of theirs down. Possible thing, happened to me once like this. But now that the game is patched, hasn't happened anymore at all.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:42 PM   #8
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, in my experience, some of the elves did get turned by the Drow, resulting in my characters auto-attacking the elves. Just oncentrate on hitting the Drow and do NOT hit the elves even if they are hostile. Once all the Drow have been killed, the elves automatically target the charmed/mental dominanced/mind controlled elf(ves).