Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-13-2003, 07:08 AM   #21
Whailor

Just a suggestion Karse - this means additonal work, but what can I do, I am too big of a perfectionists in some areas! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, at the link here, you 'show' how you can make the in-game portrait from the photo, made in RL. It's all nice and dandy, but you may have to work "manually", some, with the in-game portraits. Look at the neck of that girl - it's too.. eh.. misformed. It comes from the different clothing types used. You could match that 'head' well into that body, even the neck, but it would require either reducing the body part size, or increasing the head size, and each thing separately would result in not such a good thing.

What I suggest here is perhaps, manually, adding some "straps" on the shoulders of the in-game portraits, under the armor, so that the edge of the strap would 'run' over that cut neck line and sort of balance it, make it more natural. This way the girl would be 'fit' well into the armor and look of the neck would be more normal too. Well, i hope you know what I mean, tad difficult to explain it by writing, without directly pointing [img]smile.gif[/img]

But otherwise, as I said, these are well done and quite fun.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:04 AM   #22
Karse Soze
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by waverider:
i think you did a fine job ( cant do it so :s )
didnt mean to decritisize it but just to point it
out ( that they arent readl original )

but hey i have to admit you did a fine job to those pictures
so...
No worries, no offence taken [img]smile.gif[/img]
T.I.A.<br />[whois] Karse Soze<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/portraitportal\" target=\"_blank\">The Portrait Portal</a><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/dogeared\" target=\"_blank\">dogeared</a>
Karse Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #23
Karse Soze
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
Just a suggestion Karse - this means additonal work, but what can I do, I am too big of a perfectionists in some areas! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, at the link here, you 'show' how you can make the in-game portrait from the photo, made in RL. It's all nice and dandy, but you may have to work "manually", some, with the in-game portraits. Look at the neck of that girl - it's too.. eh.. misformed. It comes from the different clothing types used. You could match that 'head' well into that body, even the neck, but it would require either reducing the body part size, or increasing the head size, and each thing separately would result in not such a good thing.

What I suggest here is perhaps, manually, adding some "straps" on the shoulders of the in-game portraits, under the armor, so that the edge of the strap would 'run' over that cut neck line and sort of balance it, make it more natural. This way the girl would be 'fit' well into the armor and look of the neck would be more normal too. Well, i hope you know what I mean, tad difficult to explain it by writing, without directly pointing [img]smile.gif[/img]

But otherwise, as I said, these are well done and quite fun.
Great Whailor,
I clearly see what you mean. It's nice to have someone point out the details, cause when you sit with a portrait from 4-5 hours, you have a tendancy to stare yourself to blindness. On the other hand, it's probably not something I will change on the Cindy portrait. I simply have too many requests in line. But I'll definately keep it in mind for future ports...it is indeed a very good idea. So thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

If anyone else has something please bring it forward. Good ideas are hard to come by, and it's nice to learn something along the way [img]smile.gif[/img]
T.I.A.<br />[whois] Karse Soze<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/portraitportal\" target=\"_blank\">The Portrait Portal</a><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/dogeared\" target=\"_blank\">dogeared</a>
Karse Soze is offline   Reply With Quote