Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 08-23-2004, 06:51 PM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Guys and Gals!

Lets use this tread to share some tips, tricks and experences in Undermountain.

Found some really good stuff hidden away in Undermountain ? Don't keep it to yourself, let others know so they can have fun in Undermountain.

For example.

Ever had a problem with Soul Skeletons and Greater Bone Golums ?

I found weapons that do different types of damage (i.e positive/negative energy, fire, sonic damgage) Reall work well against them.

If your having a hard time defeating a particular enemy in Undermountain. Post it here and some of the Vet's of Undermountain may be able to give you a hand.

Cheers!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:13 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

*BUMP* come on guys lets use this forum.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I guess I have a few starter tips.

1. When you first create your character talk to the inn keeper (Durin). (Put your character up 7 levels).
2. Certain classes may have difficulty finding a merchant to offer affordable items for your class. There is at least one secret door in the inn to take you to another level were you accessibility to other merchants that may meet your needs.
3. While traveling Undermountain travel in groups, or head back to the inn often to recuperate
4. Don't go too far to fast. You may end up finding yourself in trouble so be cautious while travelling.
5. Starting off avoid melee with Water Elementals or not if you are feeling lucky.

[ 08-30-2004, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:24 PM   #4
StigTC

If you really want to hurt those soul skeletons (and greater bone golems too for that matter) you should use a blunt weapon.
All the bonies have resistance to slashing and piercing, soul skeletons are completely immune to slashing and piercing I think.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

For the money makers out there.

Drow boots are a really good income source ( and are some of the best boots early on)

When ever you slay a drow. Check the bodies for the boots. They can help you with some cash early on.

Also there is a REALLY good amulet for the new starters hidden in the inn. Have a look around for a secret stash.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:09 PM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
If you really want to hurt those soul skeletons (and greater bone golems too for that matter) you should use a blunt weapon.
All the bonies have resistance to slashing and piercing, soul skeletons are completely immune to slashing and piercing I think.
It takes weapons such as a +5 Bastard Sword or +5 long Sword to do them alot of Damage with slashing. I found that a +3 Club in one handand a +6 Bastard sword in the other can make short work of the Skeletons and a Two Handed Axe with ACID damage will lay waste to all bone golems and all Skeletons Fast.

Wizards;
use acid fog on them then, Bash them with your staff weapon. This works very well for rogues and Sorscerers as well when you come across any bone head.

it takes 160 acid arrows to kill a Greater Bone Golem. Thats a waste of more that 2000 gold pcs so don't waste your arrows on them. Acid bombs work very well also and they are alot Cheeper. throw two acid bomes on them and then when the cloud clears use any +1 weapon or better on them and it will flatten them farely quick.

[ 08-30-2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 08-31-2004, 01:41 AM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

These are really good ideas guys, keep them comming.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:59 PM   #8
Never2die
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Take a spare weapon, espesially if your a weapons
master. One rust monster can ruin your day.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:01 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Tell me about it that Rust Monster on Level one ate my staff of Elminster!

Not Happy!
Old 09-27-2004, 11:13 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

When you come up on a rust monster always keep wooden club on hand and bash their heads in. Wood don't rust thump thump thump