Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2000, 07:56 PM   #1
Strife
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Couple of questions, and a couple of comments...

First off, from the Vale of Shadows... That Holy Symbol of Myrkul thing, does it serve some purpose, or is it worthless?

Second off... Is it me, or was that Yxumoni(sp?) demon thingy WAY too easy to kill(Haste, couple spells, souple arrows... lots of hacking... POOF! Bye bye demon)

Third off... A poll, of some sorts...

1.What do you think is the most useful Mage spell in the game?

2. What is the most useful Cleric spell in the game?

3. What is the most useful weapon in the game?

Well, that be it... Responses welcome

-C
Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2000, 10:51 PM   #2
Andilga

1.What do you think is the most useful Mage spell in the game? Fireball, haste and magic missile to stop spellcasters dead in their tracks, also monster summoning can be helpful as enemies attack them first, making them cannonfodder for MORE FIREBALLS!!!

2. What is the most useful Cleric spell in the game? Lots of healing, raising undead (I love it when I get skeletons with flaming archers, they rule on the damage scale, they are very good at keeping spellcasters at bay) Dispel magic can be useful when the enemy is hasted, and you arre slowed. Finally, all prayer spells are cool because they tip the scale in your favor. And finally, once you are up there in levels, mental domination. I have a tip for future clerics, start them as rangers, then dual over to cleric at the first opportunity, this will allow for 2x proficiencies in weapons, and will give you all the druid spells as well for the rest of the game.

3. What is the most useful weapon in the game?
At lower levels I liked bows and arrows, however, however there is a repeating heavy crossbow out there 4 attacks per round, as well as seth's bow 3 attacks per round, have your thiefs and rangers fend off the magic users, and hack the rest apart with your front line, there are some great swords out there, long sword of action, etc.
Old 08-12-2000, 10:39 AM   #3
slag-king

1) Fire Elementals (Yes I know this is a cleric spell) for sure with fireball spell. The Fire Elemental is immune to the fireball, so I just throw four or five at a time at him and poof all the baddies are gone!

2) See above...I never even use much cleric spells except the Aid, Bless, and those type of spells. I think the offensive capability of the Cleric is not very good. In BG I used healing exclusively with the Clerics, but here in IWD...haha never use them at all.

3). I like the Seth bow with piercing (the only arrow that will even touch the final boss...albeit a small damage, but still damage nonetheless!) Piercing is just too rare for me to use, so I just use acid or fire arrows. I also like the flail that does +3 with 50 percent fire! Put that on the Ranger/Cleric!!!
Old 08-12-2000, 10:49 AM   #4
tuna

1. The best mage spell is either haste or magic missle. haste because your fighters are able to attack more per round. Magic Missle because it disrupts spell casters.

2.Entangle is a good low level cleric spell(even back in BG) because it traps all mobs allowing you to pick them off with arrows and spells.

3. Any weapons giving fire damage (i.e. fire arrows, fire awxe, ect.) so you can easily kill trolls and firedamage is added to the damage you deal to other creatures as well.