Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-06-2004, 04:11 PM   #1
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Yep, I've been growing one of those puberty moustache thingy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well, the problem is, when I finish shaving it always seems a little bit rough. No matter how close I shave - even if I practically shave so close that I'm peeling off a layer of skin (joking ) it always seems rough.

I don't mean really rough - just rougher compared to the rest of my face. I thought maybe I had to put aftershave on, but someone told me that new shavers come with a cream thing automatically spread over your face which does the job of aftershave.

Any answers would be appreciated. And feel free to give me tips and techniques [img]smile.gif[/img] Cheers!
Old 07-06-2004, 04:16 PM   #2
aleph_null

Chicks dig the pseudo-roughness -- be proud of it

Old 07-06-2004, 04:19 PM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

You can't really get rid of that. No more baby-face for you! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2004, 04:50 PM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Ok, now you should try to get a Scottish accent. Then get yourself long curly black hair and a beard. Then buy a massive jewelry to go around your neck and say "I aint' gettin' on no plane!" every time somebody mentions a plane. Then get yourself a tattoo. Then start spitting on the ground on every possible oppritunity.

You're gonna be such a badass..

[ 07-06-2004, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: uss ]
Old 07-06-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Ok, now you should try to get a Scottish accent. Then get yourself long curly black hair and a beard. Then buy a massive jewelry to go around your neck and say "I aint' gettin' on no plane!" every time somebody mentions a plane. Then get yourself a tattoo. Then start spitting on the ground on every possible oppritunity.

Have we met???

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 07-06-2004, 05:05 PM   #6
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:

Have we met??? [/QUOTE]Aye, I knew your grog-loving self would reply!

Jaradu, Mouse should teach you some Scottish vocabulary! Er, you know, 'haggish!'
Old 07-06-2004, 05:27 PM   #7
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null:
Chicks dig the pseudo-roughness -- be proud of it
Not all of us.. Sometimes it hurts!

As for Jaradu, well, good for you, first off. Second off, are you using shaving cream?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:29 PM   #8
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Cream? Nope, just plain shaving. Would cream help?
Old 07-06-2004, 05:49 PM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

I recommend shaving cream, it makes the process of shaving go smoother. There are also those that re-moisterize your skin and makes it softer afterwards, you know, get rid of some of that 'roughness'.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Don't use regular shaving cream, go with shaving gel, you won't need aftershave. I always go with Gilette gel, excellent stuff.