Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #21
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I just looked at more of the profiles in my link, one guy, No. 8, apparently won a butter eating contest. Another reindeer sausage, and another baseball sized matza balls. LOL these people are nuts. Only healthy food I saw in there was cabbage (yuck!) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
*Sigh*

Why don't they actually have food that people would think about eating? Get me some white castles, chicken wings, or a regular sandwich and I'll sign up [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #22
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I dunno, but I like reindeer sausage! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yummy!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:21 PM   #23
Aerich
Lord Ao

Nothing wrong with reindeer sausage, but how many do you feel like eating? 20? 30? If so, we'd better get you into one of those contests!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:26 PM   #24
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hmm, depends. If it's those little sticks that my grampa brings, then, yeah, i could prolly do 20-30. [img]tongue.gif[/img] But if it's like, huge rolls, then probably not.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #25
Aerich
Lord Ao

We won't push you. Wouldn't want to break your budget just on Tums and Pepto Bismol.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #26
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I saw a food eating competition show (I think a few years ago), where the guy that won this one (Kobayashi, or something?) was on. They had about 7 competitions, and each one had a different set of people. Kobayashi was in the hot dog eating one, and he won by a long shot. All the winners from the first 7 competitions had to see how many cow brains (I think they said it was a delicacy, somewhere) they could eat in a set amount of time. They had these huge platters with a lot of cow brains piled high on them, and Kobayashi finished a whole platter, and started on a second one! Nobody else even finished the first one. I don't normally watch food eating competitions on TV, but when I'm bored and there's nothing else on, I'll watch it if it's not too disgusting.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:14 PM   #27
Aerich
Lord Ao

He can have the cow brains, I'll take the rest of the cow. So did you find watching people eat cow brains too disgusting?

So are these guys (and gals) professional gluttons? Do they actually get paid for this stuff?
Old 07-05-2004, 07:32 PM   #28
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LSO158 (why that name?!) - It was yes Kobayashi who won this hotdog eating contest I am talking about, he is No. 1 in the link I have above, although they need to update his profile now to 53.5 hotdogs in 12 seconds.

I still though can't get over that one guy's profile, BUTTER eating. Could it get any more unhealthy? I'd think that would be worse for your health than meat? I dunno, it's all unhealthy no matter what to begin with, eating extreme amounts of any food, but frikken butter? LOL, sorry it IS disgusting, but I've never watched a food eating contest before ever until yesterday, and a part of me can't help but crack up about it, because it is just so nuts.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-05-2004, 08:13 PM   #29
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I would imagine that butter eating would be worse than meat eating... I would also imagine that the inevitable indigestion would be worse, too.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:08 PM   #30
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
He can have the cow brains, I'll take the rest of the cow. So did you find watching people eat cow brains too disgusting?
Not compared to what the runners-up from the first 6 competitions had to eat. I forgot exactly what it was, but it was some other organ from a cow. I didn't watch that one.

Quote:
LSO158 (why that name?!)
It's actually my dad's account, but he hasn't used it since he asked a question about BG2 a few years ago. Neither of us are very good at thinking of names, so we usually use our email address.

Quote:
BUTTER eating
In that competition, one event was mayonaise eating. The winner ate about four bowls of it. Kinda big bowls, too. I missed that one, but they described the competition the person won when they came for the final competition. They showed him holding one of the bowls over his head.