Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-09-2001, 02:53 AM   #1
applemarie
Welcomed New User

Please help, I really like my main character from BG and would like to have her in my party in BG2.
Can anybody tell me how to do this?? When I hit 'Import' and 'Saved game' I only get the saved games from BG2.
Old 05-09-2001, 03:04 AM   #2
BladeMaster

What you need to is this.

1. Export your character in BG1
2. Go to your character folder in BG1 directory
3. Move your exported character from that folder and move it to the character folder in the BG2 directory.

------------------

Old 05-09-2001, 03:33 AM   #3
Halbred
The Magister

Let's not forget our manners... welcome to the board!
Old 05-09-2001, 03:46 AM   #4
Lord Shield

Quite right, Hal old bean! Welcome, applemarie, have a drink on the house in the BG2 Bar, courtesy of the bartender (me)

Old 05-13-2001, 02:38 PM   #5
applemarie
Welcomed New User

BladeMaster, thank's for your answer! How do I export my character in BG1?? I've tried to find a way of doing it, but...I am just no good at this. Where do I find the directories??
Old 05-13-2001, 05:06 PM   #6
BladeMaster

I just sent you and E-mail with the instructions on how to move your character from BG1 to Bg2. But I forget to tell you how to get your character exported from the game to the character folder. so here it is. When you are in the game go to the character record screen when you are playing the game. Once there make sure you are showing your main character and go down to the export button and click on it and follow what it says to do. And once you leave the game. Just follow the instructions I sent to you.

------------------