Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 03:32 PM   #1
Logan

The elevator going back up to the the kitchen wont come down how do I get out of there!?
Old 01-10-2001, 03:48 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

That elevator usually does come back down. Maybe if you step in and then out of where it should be it will come down again.
Anyone else have this problem??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 05:10 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sorry Logan,

Lot's of people have this problem - this spot, along with Kerah's pillar and D'Soto's lift are the buggiest lifts in this game. My advice to what must be close to 20 people now has been reload to last save, and save before using a lift. Haven't had anyone with this problem write back to the board yet and say - "Hah, got that lift working again, and here is how". My theory is that the failures at least here and at D'Soto are linked to wandering monsters trying to use the lift to get at you. I just visited there yesterday on my replay - shut the lever to the kitchen, saved the game, and got in and out OK. At D'soto's, the game thought I was due a random encounter, and the fight or monster using the lift always caused the jam. There I had to turn the encounters down to seldom to void the encounter and finally after 6 or 7 goes I got through.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 05:17 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

You don't need the kitchen elevator to leave: you can also reach the exit via the barracks. I don't remember the complete route, but I know it can be done. I guess you pass the treasury (with the gargoyle pulls) on the left side, then climb up near the sewers. There you should be able to find your way to the barracks.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 07:24 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Carg,
I was assuming Logan was stuck it was the buggy lift in the Serpent Temple kitchen - have never heard of any issues with the lift in the Shurugeon Castle kitchen. Your right, you can just walk out of Shurugeon - not such simple solution in the temple I am afraid.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:01 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Oops. Sorry about that. Wrong kitchen. Guess I'm not a kitchen kind of person
This elevator indeed was the same one I got stuck in for the first time.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote