Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 10:55 PM   #1
white heron
Manshoon

OK, In the Temple district in Lathander's temple i set the alarms off stealing from a chest....the guards/priests attacked me and my group slayed them all with NO reputation loss(still 16).I would have thought id lose some(lots)rep'?
Why?....are they THAT NICE?
- And is there a way to disable the alarms first(not that there's mutch worth stealing).
Just after that i entered the Guarded compound and encountered an Efreet(?) and another big thing with wings,are these guys there all the time or are they summoned and do they ever dispell/die (on their own).I can kill them but it left me low on health for going upstairs.
I did manage the upstairs lot ok after two tries.....two cloudkills,a swarm of bees and haste did the trick.
-any ideas about that alarm and the efreet things?
Thx, white heron

------------------
"And remember what i told you....Walk with rage against those who threaten the great Mother!".
Old 03-05-2001, 11:18 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I don't know about the alarms thing, but the loss of reputation is explained by the fact that there is a quest that involves the Temple of Lathander later in the game.

The game is pretty forgiving like that. If there is an area you need to enter to complete a quest or two, you can often kill everyone in the building without loss of reputation. I suppose it makes the game a little easier if you happen to make a mistake.

<< Spolier >>

I know you can do the same thing in the Order of the Radiant Heart -- kill a dozen Paladins without reputation loss. Maybe it's that way with all of the temples. Have yourself a nice little Chaotic Evil killing spree .

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice
Old 03-06-2001, 08:14 AM   #3
Lord Shield

No rep loss? Damn, I'm going back for a Crusader kebab

Old 03-06-2001, 02:42 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yes, killing without reputation is definitely a good thing. But for the alarm, try casting santurary and only have your santuraried cleric grab the item. Sometimes the priest will walk around also, that might help if you don't wanna kill every Lathander priest/knights in town.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!