Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 05:47 PM   #11
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I never thougth people would think them hard, but I was probably lucky when I killed them.

Wasn't it 4 of them? Oh, well I killed them anyway. (normal level)
I had 2 fighters, and Jaheira and a fighter/cleric, and they all had pretty good ac with the drow-equipment. So I just fought them all at the same time. 2 fighters attacked one knight and 2 attacked the other, and my mages cast some spells. I let the mages cast some "summoning monster" away from the party so that the other knights could attack them while I was killing the other 2. They weren't much damaged after the fight was done.
Old 01-10-2001, 07:27 PM   #12
Thieldrim

I was level 13-14 when i hit up on these guys - tough - i am not sure how to get out of this room in one piece fighting all at once, unless you are not playing at least core rules - which makes killing them a lot easier. i went with the one or two at a time tactic and had to rest in the middle of it all.

one pet peeve about the game is that apparently non of these creatures have opposing thumbs - a very select few can open doors in this game.

anyway, now that that rant is over, i had my two lead fighters at the door and summoned one fire elemental and one earth elemental - its the only way i could do it. the fire went quick and the other a little slower. then some arrows and stones from my +3 bows and slings and the fighters were able to kill the first two - then, one at a time i killed the rest.

if i remember right, i also had to do some restoring - don't they level drain or is that somewhere else.

i also tried greater malaison a few times, but not sure if that helped.